Fun with Film Lists!

Mallus

Legend
I’m tired. I’m feeling the side effects of the shingles vaccine. So here are 3 of my 5 star movies, with my internal list-maker set to maximum randomization.

Alien, dir. Ridley Scott (1979) *****
The Royal Tenenbaums, dir. Wes Anderson (2004) *****
Mr. Roberts, dir. John Ford (1955) *****

I’ll do a bigger list later…

Mercurius

Legend
I challenge you to rank Ridley Scott movies!
I accept your challenge, whether or not it was addressed towards me. What I've seen, ranked to the best of my memory (some of these I haven't seen in decades):

Ridley Scott Films Ranked (Directed Only)
  1. Alien 4.5 stars
  2. Prometheus 4 stars
  3. The Martian 4 stars
  4. Bladerunner 4 stars
  5. Black Hawk Down 3.5 stars
  6. Gladiator 3.5 stars
  7. The Duellists 3.5 stars
  8. Thelma & Louise 3.5 stars
  9. Body of Lies 3.5 stars
  10. American Gangster 3 stars
  11. Matchstick Men 3 stars
  12. White Squall 3 stars
  13. Alien: Covenant 3 stars3 stars
  14. Kingdom of Heaven 2.5 stars
  15. Someone to Watch Over Me 2.5 stars
  16. The Counselor 2.5 stars
  17. Legend 1.5 stars

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I challenge you to rank Ridley Scott movies!
Me?

Alien 4 stars. Really provided a lot of momentum to the "space is scary" vibe in films. Great cast with Weaver, Hurt, Holm, and Stanton (damn I cant think of Stanton as any other character than his Mormon cult leader in Big Love...)

Blade Runner (no Ford narration) 5 Stars. Atmospheric, well executed, superb cast, awesome Vangelis score. Ford, Hauer, Alomos, Hanna, Young

Thelma and Louise 4 Stars. Cultural pot stirrer contemporary noir story. Great cast with Davis, Sarandon, Keitel, and young Pitt.

Things only go from bad to worse at this point...

G.I. Jane 3 Stars. An interesting concept (a much needed at the time) that gets lost in over the top bravado. Decent cast with Moore and Viggo.

Gladiator 2 Star. Nice action sequences, but also one of the most overrated films to ever win an Oscar. Crowe and Phoneix.

Hannibal 3 Stars. An amazing cast, but way over the top for Lecter. Almost shark jumping proportions of gross. Still one of films best characters to grace the big screen. Hopkins, Moore, Liota, and the super amazing Oldman.

Black Hawk Down 3 Star. Great cast, but much better war pics out there. This is what Michael Bay dreams about at night. Hartnett (local hero and awesome dude) Hardy, Ewan, and Tom Sizemore (lol)

Robin Hood 1 Star. Woof! This thing made Costner's Robin Hood look like the definitive telling... Crowe again again

Prometheus 1 Star. It really pains me to give this movie 1, star but its what it deserves. I think they had a winner here and really crashed the boat. Beautiful sets and cinematography with a great cast but written so poorly its unwatchable. Writers tried to get way too clever and the result ended up making scientist look incredibly stupid. Also, the pilot and crew were stupid. And, Waylan and his daughter are stupid too. Yeap, everybody stupid.

The Counselor 2 Star. Ridley took a stab at Cormac McCarthy the master. Ended up as sort of a mediocre Elmore Leonard flick instead. Cast did the best they could. Perez, Fasbender, Bardem, Pitt

The Martian 2 Star. Might have done better if it wasnt beat to the screen by a year by Interstellar. Was also outclassed in every way by it. You can argue that The Martian is a more realistic story, but everybody fell asleep while you tried. Also, cast Damon and Chastain from Interstellar for Christ sake. Just watch Interstellar instead.

Alien Covenant 2 Stars. Scott must have gotten scared off by the response to Prometheus because this film went back to alien basics. Fasbender did a great job as David, but the rest of this was pretty forgettable. More in line with Aliens 3 than anything else. Ok cast.

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Mel Brooks Movies

Blazing Saddles *****
Silent Movie ****
High Anxiety **** It has the benefit of being the only Hitchcock movie you need to see, thereby saving you hours of your life.
To Be Or Not To Be * or maybe 2 1/2. But the Hitler Rap is ****
History of the World, Pt.1. * Terrible, only a miracle could save it. I joke. I joke. It's ****
The Producers *****
Robin Hood: Men in Tights ***
Young Frankenstein *****
Spaceballs ****

edit. Hitler Rap is meant to be 4 stars

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases