funny happenings

Lavernia

First Post
Near-TPK

Hi! I'm calling myself "Lavernia" on here because that was the name of my last Human Female Magic-user who died hilariously in my last game. Now, my group is pretty funny and innovative, and I think the DM may be having a little trouble with how quickly things can go wrong. I'm sure I will have plenty more stories sooner or later, so let me just start you off.

Okay, so we were running through "Raven's Ruin" from old-school D&D this weekend, and everything was going fine. My Magic-user, by the way, was patterned, personality-wise, on hyper energetic and somewhat insane anime girls, so she was all about finding something, bashing its brains out, and laughing manaically. I even pantsed a member of the band who saw us off on our adventure! I swear, I was literally rolling on the floor laughing as the DM told me how it went down.

We made it through Raven's Ruin okay, even though I was staring to get annoyed with my fellow adventurers (A Hobbit and a Dwarf) who kept killing every NPC we found in the dungeon, when I, with my knowledge of the Kobold tongue, could have questioned them about the stolen loot. Anyway, what made me just snap was when we found Raven, an old former master thief who had fallen prey to a sleep spell and had no idea what was going on in his keep. Just because he was a thief, and even though we weren't exactly contracted to kill him, the Dwarf came down on him hard and wound up killing him. Lavernia just saw red and had no control over her actions anymore. She tried to kill the dwarf plenty of times and even grappled his arms and legs. He was carrying a keg of gunpowder at the time, so she asked the Hobbit to light the gunpowder and blow them both up. The attack didn't quite go as planned, and I think it actually wound up damaging the Hobbit. By this time I was just letting my character run herself, and I did nothing to stop her. With the campaign in near-ruins, I tried desperately to beat some sense into myself and hit my head against the dungeon wall. Turns out I hit myself too hard and died of a cranial hemorrhage. So, long story short, the dwarf suddenly found himself faced with a dead Thief, a dead Mage and a dying Hobbit. Well, at least we found the minor stolen booty before that, so it wasn't a total loss. Anyway, having no party left to protect him inside the Ruin, the Dwarf wound up turning tail and quitting! In the wake of the "incident" we all wound up having a really good laugh about it. Even the DM said that he had never seen an adventure wind up quite like that one!

More to follow (hopefully),
Lavernia the Mage

Irish_vampyre

First Post
A Ring of Power to one of no prowess

Well, it all started in the town of Dansherdan, in the basic 2nd ed AD&D world of our DM's creation. It was a gnomish town, it was filled with inventions, experimental machinery and weapons, and modes of transport (most of which were deadly because they didn't work). At any rate, there was a magic surplus store, it was basically military applications that had been surpassed (or failed out completely) that they were selling off to fund other applications of these strange and untold items of power and glory.

Now on this adventure there were 4 party members. These were...

Cohen - half-elf prince - fighter/thief 3/3
Trelander - Elf - Mage 6
Nicole - Human Princess (tre's gf) - Mage 6
Lazic - Elf - Ranger 6

Now just before we got to the city we were brought before the Regent of our City-State to go and check on the status of a town requesting help to stave off a local group of bandits, ferret them out and kill them. On our journey to this town there was hear tell of a Dragon governing some such group in the general region of our quest... So as any cautious party would do, we decided to see if there was anything we could find to aid us in our quest if we were unfortunate enough to happen across the beast.

We parused the selection the above mentioned store had in stock, we found a Gnomish ring of Fire Resistance, a large bag of Gnullbugs (little clockwork bugs that were fairly heavy with continual light cast upon them, that made fairly loud noises as they went along), a potion bottle filled with a concoction of various dungs that we decided was a stink bomb and finally a leedumon (lead 'em on), which was nothing but a small bluish gem that used a spell to record the noises around it when a command word was spoken, and with another command repeated them. Well we thought we'd stumbled onto the most outlandish form of super useful things anyone had ever heard of. Also Trelander insisted on buying this torture cube the gnoms had found and rebuilt, against protests of the party. It was a small box, that if you grabbed the string-like metal threads on the handle, and used shocking grasp, turned it into a heated monstrosity. To use it you had to stick the torturee's hands in the two openings on the far end of the box, and perform the active maneuver (shocking grasp). It was stupid, and it made me think of one thing which I won't say now, cause you'll hear it later. At any rate after many a trial and tribulation, we made it to the base of the bandits. Which after again many trials and tribulations, not to mention use of our super anti-trap devices the Gnullbugs, we discovered that the dragon, red if you wanted to know, was the leader. Lazic our ranger was entirely over confident due to his ring of gnomish fire resistance, ran out front to take the breath weapons because he was immune. Well the Dragon thought that was a marvelous idea, and proceeded to toast him alive, everything was gone, even the bones had turned to ash. The only thing that remained was a small piece of finger meat that was roasted quite nicely in the circlet home of a ring, you guessed it, the not even touched, immune to fire, ring of gnomish resistance, which by all accounts was just that, NOT, as we thought, a ring of Fire protection..... Well whether or not it was a funny ideal or not, we ran away, taking the ring and roasted ranger meat as we went. It was then that Trelander had the great idea to throw the stink potion on the way out, which worked marvelously, the Dragon fled the cave, outside he went, right behind us.... At this point we thought we were screwed, it was right then that, for some unknown reason I, Cohen yelled out the command word of the Leedumon and threw it as hard as I could at the dragon's wing, I know foolish, but we were a man down and being assaulted by a dragon, what do you expect? At any rate for some reason, the little rock interested the dragon far beyond what the pebble had expectation to do, which was bounce off... The Dragon chased it, and we chased the thought of the nearest bath house, for we knew that we had at that point soiled ourselves... In our hideout, which was basically a little earthen cave, we hid for 2 weeks. We captured a bandit left opver from the fight and Trelander used his torture device to get the information (was the dragon gone?) out of him. The answer to our relief and dismay was that the dragon had disintegrated the town, utterly, and left. While we continued to torture him for more information, Nicole managed to blurt out a comment that was just then the funniest thing imaginable, "I thought we were toast!" We laughed hysterically, because at just that moment we realized that the torture device, was none other than a toaster, that had been rebuilt to reflect a torture apparatus, not until then did we realize that Mike, Our DM had made this entire adventure while under the influence of eating toast everyday for 3 solid weeks. Our real dm, master of our fate, was a piece of crispy bread.

Remove ads