funny happenings

Nightcloak

First Post
TPK!

Second time this year, my group bought the farm as a team :confused:

They were locked into a crypt by a gate as a BIG death Warmain in articulated full plate, wielding a dire giant full sword, came crashing down on them. It was brutal. But then again, I warned them that they wandered off to the wrong dungeon...

Anyways, they proceeded for guts and glory and got themselves locked away and being pounded. The unfettered (thief/warrior) decieded to not help the others fight, but search all over the corridor for a way to deactivate the gate - the gate being iron bars that fell to cover one of the exit routes. So the others are getting pounded roung after round while he searches for a way out.

Finaly, he finds a compartment! It turns out to be a small hole with a pouch of four gems. A few smart remarks about me building a "gygaxian" style dungeon and the group (well those that remained) finally tried to regroup as a whole to take out this thing. But it was to late. The were pounded into history...

After much complaining and bemoaning, and lots of 4d6 rolls later, the player of the unfettered character asks "So, were was the gate release anyway?"

Then I give him the bad news:

"The gems (from the pouch) you found were magical, each one can automatically open one of the four gates in the crypt."

Yep. He had found the "key" to open the gates.

D'oh!

Another Skull for the score card :p

XCorvis

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Apparently through insane use of Master Thrower PrC+High Sneak Attack+Massive Amounts of Shruikens+SomeothercrapIdon'trememberthatmakeshischaracterreallyfriggingscary.

SomeothercrapIdon'trememberthatmakeshischaracterreallyfriggingscary = something that was erratta'd but that the player conveniently forgot to mention...

Macrovore

First Post
XCorvis said:
SomeothercrapIdon'trememberthatmakeshischaracterreallyfriggingscary = something that was erratta'd but that the player conveniently forgot to mention...
probably. but i think he had rapid shot, manyshot, and two-weapon fighting

XCorvis said:
Actually, no, he explained it to me today, and as far as I can tell, his math checks out. Besides, for this one-shot dungeon I want them to power-game/munchkin their PCs as much as possible.

Macrovore

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Actually, no, he explained it to me today, and as far as I can tell, his math checks out. Besides, for this one-shot dungeon I want them to power-game/munchkin their PCs as much as possible.

get him to write down the exact math, and feats/skills/class features/items/the like that he used and post it. if he can't remember, tell him to figure it out again.

Remove ads