• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Future d20

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Ah, now that changes everything.

It won't necessarily be a new core book itself, and that could change things. Core books tend to be the only ones that have the majority of their contents be OGC.

I noticed a few things in the stuff they listed also. For one thing, radiation poisoning is already covered in the d20 Modern web enhancement.

Also, what wasn't mentioned was time travel and parallel/alternate universes. I'm hoping those get released in a support product for this support product. I, for one, would do almost anything for a d20 version of Tangents, even despite the fact that the first (and best) half of the book seems pretty universal, system-wise.

It's also interesting that they don't seem to have anything touching on mechs. I know DP9 and GoO are doing those, but it still seems odd to me that they'd leave the entire subgenre untouched otherwise. I would have expected them to at least reprint some or all of the Polyhedron bit on mechs in d20 Future.

Last edited:

Grrrr, I appreciate that they're doing this, but frustrated by how late the release date is from the original flexi-modern project.

I hope lots of third party publishers beat them to it by months.

That way when Future d20 comes out I can sigh with relief after having played months of good products and WOTC has been forced to come out with a great product in order to compete.

HeYaw, Capitalism!!! Work for me for a change!!!

trancejeremy

Adventurer
I really hope one of the included campaigns is an update to Bughunters (an old Amazing Engine game). That was a pretty cool setting, but the Amazing Engine rules were pretty bad.

Arnwyn

First Post
Kaiyosama said:
So we read about it on the front page: FUTURE d20... so what do we think about it?

Not interested. There are other game systems that can do futuristic RPGs *much* better than d20 can.

Lalato

Adventurer
When is gamma World d20 to be released?

I'm not sure... I found another board about a month ago that had some details on it, but I can't remember where that was. I'll search and post it if I find it again.

--sam

Ranger REG

Explorer
"d20 Future" for d20 MODERN

Gang, I think you should know that this planned "d20 Future" product is going to be a d20 Modern rules expansion supplement, NOT a new core rulebook.

Chondu

First Post
Notice how they give four examples of the type of genres the game will cover, and then say that the book will contain 2-4 ready-made campaigns ?

Will the campaigns be thinly veiled rip offs of the examples they give, like Shadowchasers/Buffy ?

Let the voting begin:

Bughunt/Aliens
Cyberspace/Matrix
Dystopian Future/Bladerunner
Tom Cruise D20/Minority Report

Which do you want to see ?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads