• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

G4 - Attack of the Show

John Crichton

First Post
Wycen said:
I really don't see Attack of the Show being The Screen Savers. The Screen Savers didn't have some wanna be rapper singing and frankly even the lamest hosts on TSS had more charisma than the current Attack of the Show crew. Kevin Rose and his girlfriend seem to have gotten dummer sticking with G4.
Well, in reality it is what The Screensavers became. A far cry from the days of Leo LaPorte. :(

Ayrk

First Post
For those of you missing The Screen Savers, most of the old crew (Leo, Patrick, Yoshi, etc.) have a podcast call This Week In Tech (TWIT).

You can check it out at www.twit.tv. I like it and while they tend to roam in a very stream of consciousness form it is still great to listen to it. Plus since they are doing it themselves they can pretty much say whatever they want.

Agamon

Adventurer
Ayrk said:
For those of you missing The Screen Savers, most of the old crew (Leo, Patrick, Yoshi, etc.) have a podcast call This Week In Tech (TWIT).

Oh, yeah, how'd I forget to mention TWIT? Cool show, check it out.

Ashwyn

First Post
John Crichton said:
- They also canned a (popular?) host on one of their long-running shows, Cheat, to bring in a "hot" new female hostess. This assumably goes along with the previous point.
I don't like the new Cheat. The new host. IMO, is not a gamer at all, and it makes the show hard to watch. Really the new G4 doesn't do anything for me. I still like X-Play and Judgement Day, and Cinematech is kinda neat, but the rest doesn't do it for me. That's progress. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads