Gallowpole party! :)

Onlius

First Post
Hey there!

I`m playing D&D for about 6-7 years now and I played throughout most of 2nd,3rd and 3.5 edition.At the moment along with my friends I`m playing 4th edition.

After all these years this is actually the first story that i decided to put on paper.I have send the mail with that same story to all my friends and they said I should post it someplace so i decided to come here and do just that.

I would really like your opinion what you think about the story.Story is based on true events that occurred during our session.Hope you`ll like it! ;)

Here we go...

My first dragonhide boots!
“Just one more spell. Just one ore spell. Just one more spell” – was the only thing crossing his mind while he was casting his well-know spell with twirling flames that will engulf entire giant ooze in front of him. What Mojo Jojo couldn’t know was that spell of that sort can be very dangerous, not to him of course, he was at safe distance, but for everybody else standing nearby the giant ooze.
With the last flicker of the flame ooze exploded into the millions of tiny bits splashing all around area where it was, and in the same process splashed across Mojo`s two (out of five) companions and toss them to the ground with eyes firmly closed.
“I`d say, say again, I`d say…that`ll be one more kill for me, mighty Mojo Jojo…wielder of the famous FLAMES OF FEGETOS!” – Mojo was stating happily while pulling out his small book to set a notch for the kill.
Of course, many brave adventurers were keeping notches of their kills, although most of them used weapons or shield for that kind of marking, but no, Mojo had his small book with red covers, claiming that covers were made out of the human skin. Actually entire group of adventurers knew that same kind of book you can buy at local market for couple of silver coins.
While other three were looking at the fallen companions without hint of an idea how to approach the problem, Mojo put his book aside and stepped above the body of the fallen companion. Everything would be fine except, the small detail…this fallen companion was dragonborn paladin, a very proud man, with scales instead of skin.
Mojo`s eyes was talking for themselves. Sudden idea overcomes Mojo and without noticing he pulled his kitchen knife and held it firm in his hand.
“Now…let’s see, you, ranger, wouldn’t you like to have dragonhide armor?” – Mojo asked while he was still looking at the fallen companion.
Everyone’s gaze now shifted from the body of the fallen friend to set on the face of Mojo, who was still looking at the dragonborn.
Silence lasted for a few moments and then ranger finally broke it with question – “What?!”
“Oh, come on, like you never wanted dragonhide armor. Don’t you pretend now…I know you need it. And of course, I could use dragonhide boots!” – Mojo was saying.
“Ermmm….what are you talking about?” – Another friend from the company asked.
“Ok, ok, ok…I see where is this going!” – Mojo now moving a bit closer to inspect the dead body – “Check this…if we cut him from here to here…” – Mojo was pointing with his hand over the one side of the ribs to the other – “…then we can avoid stitching, and it might appear to be made out of one piece!”
Puzzled with Mojo`s idea adventurers started laughing, all of them thinking it’s quite funny joke. Mojo didn’t think of it as a joke at all. Reflection in his dark eyes was proving his seriousness.
“You really think to skin dragonborn?” – Asked one of the puzzled adventurers.
“I want my bragonhide boots!” – Mojo was stating firmly.
“You know…there is a quite interesting story about that. When I was younger I was poor. Even the rats in my house had better meal then me. Not to mention clothing. Of course, rats didn’t wear boots, especially dragonhide boots…” – emphasizing the word dragonhide – “…but I…ermm, what was I saying…” – Mojo stoped and turn his back on the companions while contemplating the story.
“Ah,yes…” – he remembered turning around swiftly toward companions – “…you see I was barefooted entire mine child...HEY, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOIN?!” – He yelled at drow.
While Mojo was reciting his, actually not so interesting story, drow took opportunity and slipped resurrection potion down the throat of his fallen companions and now both were back alive including the dragonborn.
Dragonborn opened his eyes and saw Mojo standing above him with agitated look on his face.
“You know…” – said Mojo looking at the drow – “…you own me a pair of dragonhide boots!”

Onlius

First Post
Thank you!

Since we are playing once a week and this kind situations are common in our adventures then I`ll post some more stories about Gallowpole Party! :)

Remove ads