D&D 5E GAMA Trade Show and Game Developer Conference start Monday - announcement Tomorrow?

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
Do you think they'll announce details this week or wait to do the reveal to retailers at GAMA Tuesday?

What do you think they'll announce at the GDC?

Greg Bilsland [MENTION=15433]GregBilsland[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10360]Gregtito[/MENTION] Yeah, a group of about five of us from D&D R&D will be there all week for GDC."

5 WotC staffers at GDC. WotC has a room blocked out for Tuesday at GAMA with DnD getting the 2-3pm slot.

Are we going to go another few weeks without news on the DDN product line?

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I don't understand the aversion to announcing the release schedule.

At this point I can see WotC fluffing D&D for an hour tomorrow and still not telling the retailers anything.

Hussar

Legend
Paizo seems to be weathering the unmet deadlines thing fine.

There's a couple of reasons for that though. One, Paizo hasn't just released an edition with such acrimony and bad feelings that had all sorts of deadline and vapourware issues. Paizo is slowing down its releases on a well established line and have a very, very large well of good will to bank on if things do go pear shaped for them.

WOTC, at this point, can't so much wind its proverbial watch without someone stepping up and screaming how D&D is dead and WOTC is a bad, bad thing. They have very little goodwill to bank on and a very poor track record of screwing the pooch on deadlines.

I mean, good grief, after Gleemax fiasco, WOTC will likely not announce a deadline until after the books are actually physically on shelves.

mhensley

First Post
hmm... looking at the gama site shows that wotc is supposed to talk about 5e today at 2pm. Also, the ceo of wotc is the keynote speaker. Looks promising.

Last edited:

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
I'm interested in what WizKids, Paizo, and WotC have upcoming.

Do we have any forumites at the show?

Any good places to look for Twitter feeds of the show?

Remove ads