Game Boxes for BRPG

heruca

Explorer
In the last couple of months, I released a new virtual tabletop program, called Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (aka BGE). BGE is designed for playing boardgames, wargames, card games, and dice games (but not RPGs; that's what BRPG is for).

Why do I mention this here, in a BRPG-related thread? Well, because I've been releasing new digital game conversions for BGE, and BRPG users should know that these digital game conversions are BRPG-compatible (i.e., you can use them just fine in BRPG).

These are the three new digital game conversions, and they are all free downloads:

"Aliens: This Time It's War" (card game)
Click here for details, screenshots, and to download the files.

"Pioneer in Peril" (boardgame)
This is an introductory version of the free print-and-play boardgame, "Outlaws: Adventures in the Old West".

Asterix Re-Theme of "Battle Line" & "Schotten-Totten" (card games)
Based on Reiner Knizia's games.
Click here for details and to download the files.

heruca

Explorer
I just released a new free digital game conversion for BGE.

"Fantasy Quest" (card game)

It can also be used by BRPG users, but I recommend updating to BRPG v1.7d for the best possible experience, since this game makes use of a new "Shuffle Locations" feature.

heruca

Explorer
I just released a new free digital game conversion for BGE.

"Thrones" (board game)

Although this game conversion was released for BGE, it can also be used by BRPG users.

heruca

Explorer
I recently released a new free digital game conversion for BGE.

"Ostfront" (wargame)
Click here for details, screenshots, and to download the files. For the first time, ownership of the original game is required in order to play this digital game conversion.

Although this game conversion was released for BGE, it can also be used by BRPG users.

After you're done reading up on that, I hope you'll take a look around at the rest of Battlegrounds Games website, which has just been entirely redone.

It's worth pointing out here that the Battlegrounds virtual tabletop software is now also available via subscription (as well as for sale). If you've been on the fence about it, why not try it out for a month or two?

Last edited:

heruca

Explorer
By my count, there are now twenty-two boardgame, wargame, card game and dice game conversions available for free download for use with Battlegrounds Gaming Engine (and with BRPG, in most cases), and perhaps a few more fan-made conversions to be had on the Battlegrounds Games forums.

That should go a long way towards ameliorating the $15-20 one-time license cost of BGE (or the $2/month subscription cost). Not to mention the nine artpacks that are also available for free download, which can be useful for those creating their own digital game conversions from their favorite games, or their own game designs.

So please stop by the all-new website and have a look around, to see if BGE should have a place in your gaming life.

heruca

Explorer
Better make that 24 free game conversions.

The latest releases are "Zombies in our Neighborhood", which you can read about here, and "Star Trek: The Dice Game", which came out today and you can see here.

The current "free use" promo that is in effect on both BRPG and BGE lasts another 12 days or so, making it an ideal time to take these apps and game conversions for a spin.

heruca

Explorer
I've lowered the price of all Game Conversions for Battlegrounds virtual tabletop software (BRPG and BGE) by $1 or $2. This is a permanent price drop.

Remove ads