• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

game groups near oceanside/camp pendleton

woodelf

First Post
My roommate is getting married and moving far, far away. As a sort of parting gift, i'd like to give her and her husband a chance to game, and maybe the beginnings of a social network, so they're less on their own. They will be living in Oceanside, CA, and he will be stationed at Camp Pendleton. Her primary experience is with D&D3E and a high-fantasy variant of Ars Magica, but she's played everything from numberless/diceless to serious D20 System crunch, and from light-hearted comedy to serious horror. I don't think she has enough expereince to have strong system preferences, but she seems to prefer fantasy to scifi, supers, or modern-day. Though she kept wanting to play another game of the horror one-off we did, and is probably open to anything. He has little-to-no RPG experience, but has expressed some interest, and i suspect that she'll only find time for gaming if he's invoved.

What i'm looking for is:

• Game groups reasonably close to that area that are currently open to new members (or at least willing to give it a shot)
  • RPG stores in the area
  • Anything else relevant that she should know about.
If this means you, please email me some contact details (preferably phone, as well as email), and any info/summaries about your group or your game that you'd like to include, and i'll compile it and give her a copy.

Oh, deadline is friday, so i can give it to her saturday before she leaves.

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Remove ads