GAME OF THRONES #4:Oathkeeper ACT 43 Chapter 4-2014

Ahnehnois

First Post
I'd like to think that was deliberate characterisation - that Margaery is able to contemplate going to the lengths her grandmother has, but isn't ready to actually do so when it comes to it.
I took the much more cynical approach that she simply knows that seduction is powered by things withheld, not things given.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I took the much more cynical approach that she simply knows that seduction is powered by things withheld, not things given.

Yeah, once I stopped thinking about the actual actors, this is more of the approach that I took. Like she was more teasing him, building up the anticipation, so that when the time comes, he'll do whatever he can to get it.

Grydan

First Post
Yeah, once I stopped thinking about the actual actors, this is more of the approach that I took. Like she was more teasing him, building up the anticipation, so that when the time comes, he'll do whatever he can to get it.

Which is the approach that was used by Anne Boleyn to convince King Henry to make her his queen (rather than his mistress) in The Tudors (I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable on the subject to assert or deny the historical authenticity of the depiction) ... as played by the same actress.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Tommen is like 8 or 9 in the books, so his relationship with Margaery (15 or 16?) is more innocent - at least from Tommen's perspective. How old is TV Tommen? 13 or 14? Big difference.

Remove ads