• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #7:A Man Without Honor ACT 17 Chapter 2-2012

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
A Man Without Honor

Jaime meets a distant relative; Dany receives an invitation to the House of the Undying; Theon leads a search party; Jon loses his way in the wilderness; Cersei counsels Sansa.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Alas, poor Bran & Rickon, I knew ye well.

Some good moments in the episode, along with a few WTF moments. Still not sure about the Dany/Qarth storyline yet. The House of the Undying chapter may be the most discussed chapter of the five books - will the TV show show all that happens there?

Nice to hear "you know nothing Jon Snow" - though, I'm pretty sure Ygritte didn't say that until A Storm of Swords.

Starman

Adventurer
Good episode. The scenes with Arya and Tywin are just amazing.

One thing I wonder about...
[sblock=Book Spoilers!]It seems that Catelyn is going to release Jamie before she finds out what Theon has supposedly done. That is going to make her action much less sympathetic on the show than in the books. Granted it was dumb either way, but at least you could sort of understand what she did in the book with the grief she had over believing that she had just lost her two youngest sons. How is she going to justify releasing Jamie in the show?[/sblock]

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I have NO idea what's happening in Qarth and it's brilliant. Do they have her dragons at the Houses of Undying? Did Doreah betray Dany or Did Doreah save the dragons so that Dany's enemies would not get them or is she dead already? What the heck is Jorah doing? Where was he really? What's up with Xaro? Why do they need Dany _and_ the dragons if they have the dragons? Why do they need her if they don't? Would Xaro have aligned with the Undying if Dany had said yes to him, or was he already with them? What is Quaithe planning? It's all in the air now. Where it falls nobody knows, and the book readers are just as lost as the rest.

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
Yes, poor Bran and Rickon! Their deaths were so unfair! Damn you George R. R. Martin! And to kill them off screen too! So much to hate about Theon

And yes, as a book reader, I am also interested to see what will befall Dany and her dragons.

NewJeffCT

First Post
Good episode. The scenes with Arya and Tywin are just amazing.

One thing I wonder about...
[sblock=Book Spoilers!]It seems that Catelyn is going to release Jamie before she finds out what Theon has supposedly done. That is going to make her action much less sympathetic on the show than in the books. Granted it was dumb either way, but at least you could sort of understand what she did in the book with the grief she had over believing that she had just lost her two youngest sons. How is she going to justify releasing Jamie in the show?[/sblock]

What I think might happen to stop that is one of two things:
spoilers:
(1) Robb arrives back at camp there
(2) or else, somebody rushes towards the cage and tells her that they have news from Winterfell, which is Bran & Rickon are dead

She could be ready to kill him until one, or both, of those things happens.

Now, what happens North of the Wall?
In the books, Jon is with the Halfhand, who orders him to go over to the wildlings and do whatever they ask. Since Jon is not with the Halfhand, how does that work? Do the Black Brothers try to rescue Jon and it goes awry? Half the wildings (and Rattleshirt) already captured Halfhand?

underfoot007ct

First Post
Yes, poor Bran and Rickon! Their deaths were so unfair! Damn you George R. R. Martin! And to kill them off screen too! So much to hate about Theon

And yes, as a book reader, I am also interested to see what will befall Dany and her dragons.

I have not read the books, but we never saw the faces of the bodies. Hoping they are children of the farmer and not Bran & Rickon. At least I can hope until next week.

Also looking to the day when Theon gets rewards, maybe a sword to the face. There is much to dilike about Theon, so he makes a great antagonist.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
The scenes with Arya and Tywin are just amazing.

I'm so glad they're doing her character justice. And the actress deserves kudos too. She plays naive and yet worldly at the same time, quite well. I loved, "Have you met many stonemasons, my lord?"

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I don't have HBO...but several of my friends are wondering how they can finish book two in the episodes left this year. Will they? Loves season 1on bluray.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I think the plan is to finish book two. The Battle of Blackwater is episode 10 if I recall correctly, then it's mopping up for another couple of episodes. I'm more concerned about whether they'll get book 3 into one season, and if not, where will they end it, since they've got to have a very specific event from that book climax whatever season it appears in.

Remove ads