• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GAME OF THRONES #7:A Man Without Honor ACT 17 Chapter 2-2012

Starman

Adventurer
I started to think a lot about this after last night's episode, and the strange thought that crossed my mind was:
Catelyn cuts off Jaime's hand, or she gives him to Karstark who takes his vengeance by cutting off the Kin(g)slayer's hand. Perhaps its not straightforward (Jaime ends up being armed and loses his hand while being subdued, etc.) but it just seemed like they ratcheted up the tension after he provokes Catelyn with his words about Ned, that to not have something develop would be anti-climactic.

Not saying that's how I would want it played out. I certainly want to see the Goat!

[sblock=Book Spoilers!]Except it's basically going down exactly like it does in the book. Catelyn asks Brienne for a sword and the scene is over. You don't see Brienne or Jaime again until A Storm With Swords. I think it would be far too much of a change in Catelyn's character for her to take Jaime's hand. I suppose they could have Karstark do it in order to trim down some ASWS stuff for next season, but they're going to have to come up with something else to foster the growing bond between Jaime and Brienne.[/sblock]

Super Pony

Studded Muffin
With the death of Amory Lorch by super secret ninja blow darts in Episode 6, I wonder whether the Brave Companions will be putting in an appearance.

The changes to Jon Snow's storyline seem a bit jarring to me. I am sure there are reasons upon reasons and plot pacing at work here, but I am a definitely raising an eyebrow. I love the gal they cast for Ygritte though.

I am really concerned with the changes and pacing of Jamie & Catelyn's events in Episode 7, as has been mentioned previously. Episode 8 will hopefully put things to rights there. The biggest 'huh?' moment for me was Jamie killing his cousin. It seemed to be a needless change to me.

Kindly grandpappy Tywin makes for interesting scenes with Arya, and I've generally liked watching them. But they've filed off the lion of lannister's claws a bit too far for my taste. Also, Arya is supposed to be blending into the background in Harrenhal...not sticking out like a rediculously sore thumb.

Since seasons 2, 3 and 4 are mash-up of Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords, rather than following the books, we could still see a lot of things that seem vacant or re-written.

All in all I'm digging the series, but I'm definitely curious how things are going to unfold if they are altering events so early on with a long plot-road yet to travel.

MarkB

Legend
The biggest 'huh?' moment for me was Jamie killing his cousin. It seemed to be a needless change to me.

Book spoilers:
[sblock]If I'm recalling the books correctly, what's coming up next for Jaime puts him on the path to some positive character development from the complete creep he started out as. I think, given that he's had so little screen time over the past half-season, the point of that scene was to remind people just how much of a bastard he can be before moving on to that part.

On the subject of how he loses his hand, I did wonder if they might play it as a 127 Hours situation involving a pressing need to get free of his shackles.[/sblock]

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Kindly grandpappy Tywin makes for interesting scenes with Arya, and I've generally liked watching them. But they've filed off the lion of lannister's claws a bit too far for my taste. Also, Arya is supposed to be blending into the background in Harrenhal...not sticking out like a rediculously sore thumb.

You must've missed the part where he hung 20 innocent men and proclaimed that he'd hang everyone in the castle in order to find who the assassin was.

If anything I think this is GRRM's style to a T. People aren't black and white caricatures but rather complex individuals who can be both cruel and kind. It's also been established that she reminds him of Cersei, which well explains his kindness to her.

Remove ads