Game of Thrones D20

Ranger REG said:
Really? How far have you deviated from your well-known in-house 2-gen d20 rules system (based on Anime d20 SRD)?

Quite far. AGOT d20 is inspired by the point-balancing in Anime d20, but is not not based on it. It's much more of a standard d20 game, but customised heavily for the setting.

Krieg

First Post
Guardians Of Order said:
Quite far. AGOT d20 is inspired by the point-balancing in Anime d20, but is not not based on it. It's much more of a standard d20 game, but customised heavily for the setting.

Thanks Mark!

Hopefully that means it will be bit less work for me to convert over to my house system ;)

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
Well, it said that GoO now only consists of Marc McKinnon since it has hit severely by the weak $. The rest of the finished products, at least, were to be published to account for debts, but Marc already said something to the tone of wanting to continue with new material - though I don't know more.

www.iguardians.net is their homepage, btw.

Here's hoping that we'll still see some supplement to GoO, no matter who does them (as long as they're done good!)

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
Starman said:
That page loads, but it says that entry isn't found or something. Mind posting the gist of it?

Starman

Basically it was a blog by Jeff Mackintosh saying that he had been laid off by GoO & that they are essentially down to a one man show right now (Marc Mckinnon). Jeff made the mistake of assuming that only his friends/acquaintences would see the blog, unfortunately Gaming Report posted a link to it and it caused a bit of a stir. Folks seem to have overreacted and taken the post to mean that GoO was going belly up. Apparently Jeff removed the post to kill the growing controversy.

GoO has based in Canada and apparently the weak dollar has really hurt them (despite sales being up).

There is going to be an offical announcement on GoO's web page in the near future. Assurances have also been made that GoO is not dead and that all of the products in the pipeline are still on the way.

Marc, I apologize if my link added to the burgeoning rumor mongering & hysteria in any way.

Last edited:

King_Stannis

Explorer
Krieg said:
Folks seem to have overreacted and taken the post to mean that GoO was going belly up. Apparently Jeff removed the post to kill the growing controversy...

Jeff said in no uncertain terms that the company was "winding down" but wanted to "exit the right way". Certainly noble goals, but there they are (or I should say were), in plain sight.

To believe people overreacted is to assume that Jeff is a liar, and not just your ordinary liar. He was lying to his closest friends whom he thought were the only ones reading his blog. Not likely.

I wish GoO nothing but success. I own every SASD20 product. My group has easily given them over $200 in the last year. However, to keep hearing people say that some were "overreacting" when the words were there for all to see is really not appropriate.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Guardians Of Order said:
I'm skeptical, really. I'll look forward to any previews you offer that may change my mind.

Krieg

First Post
King_Stannis said:
Jeff said in no uncertain terms that the company was "winding down" but wanted to "exit the right way". Certainly noble goals, but there they are (or I should say were), in plain sight.

The company isn't going under. Mark will provide the details later but the company is not dead, is not dying, and is not vanishing.

Downsizing is an unfortunate reality of smart business. WotC has downsized, numerous times. White Wolf has downsized, numerous times. Bigger companies than both of them have downsized regularly as well, numerous times. As Mark said, this is not doom and gloom. Mark will provide company-specific details but please get the facts straight. The company is not dead nor is it about to die. Tough decisions were made to ensure that. WotC and White Wolf lived on beyond their downsizing and I have all faith that Guardians will similarly continue.

Please, get the facts straight. Mark will provide more detail when he is ready.

The above is a direct quote from Jeff on the RPGNet forum. He has also done a follow up blog...

http://www.livejournal.com/users/whisper_jeff/126043.html

To believe people overreacted is to assume that Jeff is a liar, and not just your ordinary liar. He was lying to his closest friends whom he thought were the only ones reading his blog. Not likely.

Are you more likely to let emotion get the better of you and resort to hyperbole while you are acting in a professional capacity....or while in the private company of your friends?

I wish GoO nothing but success. I own every SASD20 product. My group has easily given them over $200 in the last year. However, to keep hearing people say that some were "overreacting" when the words were there for all to see is really not appropriate.

When the subject of the controversy admits he made a mistake, goes out of his way to rectify it and is rewarded by being labeled a liar and attacked in public forums by so called fans who make snap judgements without sufficient evidence...then yes the term "overreacting" is quite apropriate.

In fact, it is an understatement.

FWIW GoO has gone ahead and moved up their press release...

http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=112946

Last edited:

Remove ads