Game Stores, d20, and stupidity...

Impeesa

Explorer
Hm... I've noticed that the d20 selection in my local game store is also erratic, at best. When I heard about Dragonstar, I asked if they had any plans to bring it in. "No idea," the guy said (it wasn't the owner and he wasn't the rpg guy around there, so i can't really blame him). "Write it down here and give us your phone number, we'll order a copy for you." Well, I think to myself, novel idea, maybe they'll actually get it in eventually. This was a Sunday night. Wednesday night I get the call saying it's in. :eek: Now that's service. I have to remember to try that more often. :)

--Impeesa--

jujutsunerd

Explorer
Jim Butler said:
I decided that shipping should be free anywhere in the U.S. I recently changed that to anywhere in the world.

You know, that almost makes me wish I hadn't already special-ordered all your stuff from my FLGS, just so I could order it direct from you instead. ;-)

/Jonas

TalonComics

First Post
Re: Derek - here's an idea...

Ashy said:
Here's an idea, Derek. Why not institute a sliding scale on shipping payments based on return business? For example - say you have an excellent customer like Horacio, who you know buys stuff every month. Obviously, you want his return business, so you cut him a deal based on that return business. For every consecutive month that he buys stuff from your store, you lower the shipping price by 5% or something. So for instance:

January - Horacio pays full shipping = $20.00
February - Horacio gets 5% off full shipping = $19.00
March - Horacio gets another 5% off full shipping = $18.00

And so on and so forth. You might have to require a minimum purchase amount (depending on your profit margins), but in the long run you will benefit because you are making money evey month, your customer is happy because his shipping costs go down, and D20 thrives and continues to grow... :)

Bear in mind, of course, that these numbers may be WAY OFF depending on original shipping costs, etc, it is merely the CONCEPT that I am illustrating here. :)

That's not a bad idea!
I've been struggling with ways to help international customers to save money on shipping. Granted I already discount product but it just sucks seeing how high shipping costs can get for over seas orders. :/

Your idea sounds great though. :)

Thanks!
~Derek
www.taloncomics.com
Your local store online!

Ashy

First Post
::bowing::

Pleasure to be of service, my friend! I hope that it works out for you! :) Just let ol' Ashy know whenever you have a problem. I'd be more than happy to help ya out, suren! ;)

Remove ads