• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a set of five city maps for Louis Porter Jr Designs for the Neo Exodus setting. I was only given direction for each city's population and environmental location provided on a world map.

Aremyhk is the largest city of 60,000 located on a great inland sea or lake.
Nyssa is a 45,000 population city located in a cold mountainous region similar to Iceland in enviroment. I included a viking motif.
Qijom is a 30,000 population city located around an oasis in the deep desert. I used an Arabic styling in its design.
Awenasa is a 25,000 population city located on a slow moving river in the heart of the desert. I used a Mayan theme.

I am currently working on the last map of a 25k city in cleared temperate forest - I should finish that one tomorrow.

Attachments

• aremyhk-final1.jpg
    aremyhk-final1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 608
  • nyssa-final.jpg
    nyssa-final.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 602
  • qijom-final.jpg
    qijom-final.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 487
  • awenasa-new-final-tweaked.jpg
    awenasa-new-final-tweaked.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 501

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Final city map for my current commission. This is a city of 25,000 from an area of cleared heavy forest in the highlands.

Attachments

• sanat.jpg
    sanat.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 614

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Marco Polo class interstellar cargo transport vessel deck plan. Bridge deck (1), Crew Quarters deck (2), Aft section Engineering and ship's engines (3), view of entire ship at full length (4), Life Support deck (5).

Attachments

• interstellar-cargo-transport.jpg
    interstellar-cargo-transport.jpg
    495.5 KB · Views: 411
  • engineering-transport-deck.jpg
    engineering-transport-deck.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 479
  • deck-2-update.jpg
    deck-2-update.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 514
  • bridge-deck01.jpg
    bridge-deck01.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 417
  • life-support-deck.jpg
    life-support-deck.jpg
    914.4 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Someone asked if I could create rooms, bulkheads, floors, etc for an additional set of Sci-Fi map objects, and I said I would. I am doing a map commission right now for 5 maps, so that's a priority, but currently waiting for the author to explain some details in the next map I'll be doing, so I've got some spare time to do a couple.

I decided that a round room for a power plant or something is sometimes needed in a starship/starport design, but round often isn't congruent with square/rectangular deck plans and hallways, so I created a set of round rooms inside a square. In the open corners of each room I stuck in various conduits and one with a Jeffries tube. Also I created a single entrance round room, a 2 entrance thruway, a 2 entrance elbow, a 3 entrance one, and a 4 entrance crossroad - to allow every option.Note I used "halo" shadows so you can rotate or flip any of these chambers and shadows are the same.

I also included a 48 foot piece of bulkhead, a 20 foot piece of bulkhead, and a 20 foot piece of bulkhead with a corner. I also cropped these so you can overlay corners with bulkheads, or extend a bulkhead length by overlapping them with another bulkhead, so it looks continuous.

I also created a repeating texture of hull/bulkhead exterior surface - like the surface of the Millennium Falcon (ubiquitous panels, boxes, channels - called "nurnies" by Industrial Light & Magic).

As I get more respites during my commission I will create more chamber shapes with various entry ways to add to this set - I don't know how many in total, but we'll see.

I also plan to create various floors, I'm thinking colored removable panels on a grid as one possible floor design, and even including one floor piece with a panel removed and set aside exposing horizontal conduits and such in shadows beneath the floor - for maintenance purposes. I will include a floor grating repeating texture so you can create overhead catwalks as another kind of flooring.

Anyway, first partial set of bulkhead, chambers, etc.

Attachments

• rounded-rooms-walls-corners-hull_texture.png
    rounded-rooms-walls-corners-hull_texture.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 471

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Underneath a mining excavator vehicle, with support legs, tracks, weighted, diamond tipped rock drill and a ladder is accessable at ground level, the rest of the vehicle (shown in shadow) is over their heads. Might make a good place for a fire fight with rocks being tossed around and risk falling into the spinning rock drill.

Attachments

• beneath-excavator.jpg
    beneath-excavator.jpg
    808.9 KB · Views: 382

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Just playing around with bevels and 3D extrusions in Xara Designer Pro - here's an insect-like warbot.

Attachments

• warbot-walker.png
    warbot-walker.png
    229.5 KB · Views: 381

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
1. External cargo airlock closed, opening, opened with internal airlock doors remaining shut, for any extra-vehicular activity.

2. Plasma injection assembly, or something...

Attachments

• external-airlock-3-positions.jpg
    external-airlock-3-positions.jpg
    667.6 KB · Views: 455
  • power-junction.png
    power-junction.png
    311.9 KB · Views: 402

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads