Games-Workshop

Holy Bovine

First Post
AussieDM said:
I don't think anybody has mentioned Bloodbowl?

I've been a long term D&D player/DM but there's something about Bloodbowl that I really enjoy...

I'm Australian, but a big NFL fan and combining that with D&D/fantasy gets you Bloodbowl!

An odd thing I have noticed regarding BloodBowl and 3rd ed D&D. Ex-Blood Bowl players I noticed picked up on the AoO rules much faster than those who never played BB. The tackle zones in BB just meshed right with the AoO rules I guess.

A2Z

Explorer
rounser said:
Zerovoid - what's that thing below your name that looks like a jawa crossed with a smurf called?

I've seen them around a lot, but I don't know what they are...

It's a Final Fantasy (the video game) black mage. More specifically it's Vivi, the black mage from Final Fantasy 9.

AussieDM

First Post
Yeah, I've never really had a problem with the concept of AoO due to Bloodbowl, but probably more so due to my history of War Gaming with the old cardboard squares and hexagon maps...

Haven't dug those out in years...

They used the concept of threatened spaces and Zones of Control as well...

mattcolville

Adventurer
GW? Hell no! Vor!

I played Warhammer and didn't like it. I don't like the GW model of 'move, shoot, fight' or whatever it is. It seemed very artificial.

I also don't like their sculpts. Too cartoonish. Thier humans always seem to be making a face. The Space Marines look like DragonBall Z characters.

I tried Vor from FASA and was hooked. I thought the minis looked great and I liked the Movement Point idea that let me do pretty much anything in any order. The rules are very rough and need a lot of work, but the framework is there for a hell of a game. I recommend it.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
When D&D 3E was released and almost everybody I met was criticising the AoO rules I found them rather easy and intuitive...

It was Blood Bowl! Blood Bowl trackle zones. Of course.

I love Blood Bowl. I love the second edition, with the superb 3d astrogranite terrain. And Dungeonbowl (Blood Bowl underground expansion) too.

Remove ads