Gaming and Your Significant Other

Gaming and Your Significant Other

• My sig-o was the one who introduced me to gaming.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • My sig-o is a gamer, but we don't game together.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • My sig-o and I game together.

Votes: 98 37.1%
  • My sig-o is not a gamer.

Votes: 112 42.4%
  • My sig-o doesn't even know I am a gamer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a significant other

Votes: 38 14.4%
  • Other (tell us your story...)

Votes: 6 2.3%

Festivus

First Post
I have invited my wife, but she really has no interest in playing. There is a married couple in my group that play together.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
My wife was not a gamer when we started dating (over 20 years ago now!). She became part of our regular campaigns and enjoyed it, though she was never quite as "into it" as I have been. After our daughter was born (7.5 years ago) she stopped gaming regularly but she still likes the occassional one-off game and sometimes comes to the NC Game Days to play.

That might just be because she has a crush on Piratecat though. ;)

SlyFlourish

SlyFlourish.com
Supporter
My wife and I game together. We're both into WoW (she's playing right behind me right now). Both of us play in D&D games, one I run and one we joined earlier this year.

I can't recommend marrying a gamer any more highly. It's the best thing I ever did in my life.

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
My wife is still struggling with the idea that me and the rest of the FDG crew are still playing a game we played in grade school. She's made her peace with it since it does pay the mortgage now. :)

Gundark

Explorer
My wife started gaming after we got married. She plays board games and D&D/rpgs with us. She enjoys it and has fun, however she does it as it's something we do together. If for whatever reason I stopped gaming, she wouldn't bother gaming either.

Tharian

First Post
I voted the my sig-o is a gamer but that we don't game together. We used to game together in a couple campaigns, one where she DM'd a Ravenloft setting and another where I DM'd in a generic setting.

Currently, though, she's off to grad school so that has gotten in the way of us being able to game together. Hopefully, we'll be able to get back to gaming together soon.

Wisdom Penalty

First Post
Chalk me up to the rare gamer who doesn't want his SO to game with him.

Gaming is the cathartic vehicle I use to escape my normal life which involves my wife, kids, work, etc. I love all those things, but I also enjoy a little respite once in a while. So getting together with the guys, without the gals, is pure escapism.

It helps, of course, that my wife has no interest in gaming. :) If she did, I'm sure I'd cave and invite her to join and hope for the best.

WP

I met the woman who became my wife because she was GMing a game of Champions, and I was looking for a Champions group.

We have gamed together as friends, as people dating, fiances, and as a Married Couple (20th anniversary in Feb). We play Hero & D&D solo, and Hero system with the group.

I love the fact she games, and the solo roleplaying we do is always really really fun.

I can honestly say that if it wasn't for RPGs I never would have met my wife.

Remove ads