Gaming and Your Significant Other

Gaming and Your Significant Other

• My sig-o was the one who introduced me to gaming.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • My sig-o is a gamer, but we don't game together.

Votes: 5 1.9%
  • My sig-o and I game together.

Votes: 98 37.1%
  • My sig-o is not a gamer.

Votes: 112 42.4%
  • My sig-o doesn't even know I am a gamer.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have a significant other

Votes: 38 14.4%
  • Other (tell us your story...)

Votes: 6 2.3%

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Gaming and your significant other...more often than not, this is a sticky situation. It can be a lot of fun, or it can be a gaming group's worst nightmare.

How involved is your sig-o with your gaming lifestyle?

Do you have any interesting stories (or warnings, or gloatings) that you would like to share?

Last edited:

Studio69

Banned
Banned
My boyfriend knows that I am a gamer, but is not into the whole roleplaying an/or fantasy genre. He respects that I am and though we don't have that in common, we are both body builders and enjoy plenty of other things.

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
My wife wanted to see what gaming was all about and wanted to be a part of it since it was such a big part of my life. She took to it like a duck to water. If I'm in or running a game, she's there, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's something we do together with friends. For me, it makes gaming even better.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
My wife and I were gamers before we met each other, and we're still gamers. She plays in most of the games I GM, and some of the games our group's other GMs run. Never been an issue.

I've gamed with a lot of gamer couples and have never had an issue come up between them or me. No idea what the sticky situation the OP may be referring to.

Daelkyr

First Post
My wife was the one who got me into RPGs. She asked me to help fill out the party (read, Cleric) in her identical twin sisters 3rd Edition D&D game. When she asked me, I quiped "I don't have the clothes for Satanism". If memory serves me correctly, that Cleric was slaughtered by his own crossbow after rolling a one against a tree.

Anyway, she loves D&D (and World of Warcraft) very much and wants to be in any games that I DM in. She rocks.

garyh

First Post
My wife is DMing our current live/PbP group. And for my birthday, her gift to me was to DM a solo game for me, which we're running here on EN World. Plus, she listens patiently when I tell her about my Living 4th Edition character. She played in the 3.5e game I ran, too (which also included another married couple we're friends with). And we used to play WoW and Diablo II together until we got burnt out on them.

So as far as I'm concerned, gaming together is a great thing.

FungiMuncher

First Post
I voted 'other.'

I like most types of gaming - RPGs, board games and video/computer games. My fiancee likes board games and some old-school video games, but isn't interested in RPGs or the more involved computer games.

We both belong to our city's board gaming club. I'm thrilled that we share at least this much as our hobbies.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
My gf was a gamer from before I met her. We gamed together for many years, but she hasn't played in quite some time (apart from the odd game here or there). So I put her down as not a gamer, as I guess that's how she would describe herself. Her geek-fu remains strong, however, and she is very supportive of my gaming habits :).

awayfarer

First Post
My girlfriend actually introduced me to gaming when we met four years ago. I joined her group and we've been gaming together ever since. The two of us (Well, and the DM) are the only of the group members still around since then.

I feel like I might have gotten into it earlier if it weren't for my mom, who was convinced that D&D was evil. She ment well, but all that did was push me into a life of video game console RPG's. :)

Remove ads