Gaming Dedication Likert Scale - How do you characterize yourself?

Gaming Dedication Likert Scale - Where are you?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You're not the first person to think of that*, but there are problems: pets, kids, and getting your buddies to play games on the floor.**

I have a pair of energetic kittens in my home. Unless the party wants the PCs to be frequently set upon by the tarrasqcats, the floor isn't an option. "*whap!* Well, there goes the dwarf under the sofa again."

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
There was a thread on these boards about some guy who had a projector & whiteboard system for his games... I was jealous.

I tell you this: if I ever get me of those stoopid huge lottery payouts- the kind that put you in Mitt Romney's neighborhood- my new house will include a dedicated gaming room. I don't know if I'd go wargamer sandtable or some kind of electronic suite*, but I will have me one.

Along with a library, a well-lit artist's garret and a recording studio.

* then again, why choose?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
In Boston? You don't want to live in the Financial District here. Traffic's a killer, the real-estate is all office buildings and costs though the roof... :p

Ahnehnois

First Post
Yeah, I'm coming down on very serious. I have a sizable book collection but not a lot else. I DM more than one system, and I have an encyclopedic knowledge of at least one. I post on message boards. I read opinions. I theorize.

But I can easily go on a long hiatus, and when life is busy I may not think about this particular hobby for extended periods of time.

I'm definitely not where some of the real diehards are.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Another reason I didn't vote "Diehard"- I actually got rid of @40% of my collection of games (not books, but distinct systems).

Remove ads