Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 3: Fallout

Voda Vosa

First Post
The roman takes the piece of paper and nods imperceptibly.

Uomo is sincerely happy to see Robert; with all that's been going on, he's lucky to be in one piece. "Yes old friend" Uomo says and turns to the rest "This is Robert Gryphon, our 'real' benefactor." he explains to the surely confused new recruits. "I'll explain later. As Robert says, we need to make some plans, but first we need to know how is the situation at Lyons' facilities."

Perception: 27

Zerith

First Post
Felix was feeling back to his old self, he nodded happy at Gryphon's recondition, but he did not keep himself from butting into the conversation swiftly, right after Uomo.
"W-well," he started a slight nervous before his own ego started to kick in. "if the information we have now is not enough..." He commented before turning to Mr. Gryphon "Could you make a second, short range, jump after getting us close by? If so, I could quickly scout out the area and then give an updated status report before we go in headlong."

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

[sblock=ooc]Perception (1d20+11=23)[/sblock]

Grid managed to keep his eyebrows from raising as the exploding mutant shook Uomo's hand, and decided it wouldn't hurt to let the immortal share what he knew in his own time. Besides, there was planning to do.

"Well, whether they circumvented it or not, I assume Lyons's security infrastructure is still in place. If you have any intel on that ahead of time, I'll be in a better position to target my communing when we get there. Assuming they haven't cut the power to the place, I should be able to line-port to the security central station if they have a standalone server like our last friends did."

His hand seems to unconsciously float to cover his still-healing wound as he adds with a pained smirk, "Might be nice to run interference from a nice, safe box with a network of monitors. And if the lines are all intact, I can run interference for you guys once we've cleared a route."

Jemal

Adventurer
Robert nods to Grid "Actually, from what I understand, the FBI DID cut the power, but it came back on a moment later. They think there's a backup generator inside. They've tried accessing the interior surveilance, but the metas inside are currently in control, and Lyons appears to have CIA-level security measures. Something I'm sure they'll want to discuss with him once he's 'safe'. Someone of your talents should be able to hack in once we're on sight though."

He then turns to respond to Felix's question. "As far as multiple teleports - Getting here was pretty draining, travelling across the country with all of you.. I can't guarantee I'll still be conscious on the other side, let alone capable of another jump with passengers. I can get you into the building, on top of it, or outside of it, but after that it's up to you. Don't count on any help from the FBI, either, they won't want a bunch of 'mutant vigilantes' mucking up their plans."

"JC is busy in Vegas, and our other assets aren't available, so we have nobody on scene in Washington to supply us with info. From what I have been able to gather - mostly monitoring FBI radios and watching TV - there are at least 6 Metas and a dozen hostages including Lyons. There are two confirmed Metas that we have intel on:
The first is Angela Fury, Drake's tall Red-skinned head of security, she seems to be the one leading the group. She's got an incredibly short temper, and an odd power. She's a living power plant, producing an incredible amount of energy. She's strong, quick, heals fast, and can expel some of that energy as concussive force. She's also really hot."
He stops at the others raised eyebrows. "I meant actual heat! She exhudes it as a byproduct."

He shakes his head, then his brief smile fades.
The other one I've identified is Derek... Phase."
His face becomes grim as he says the second name, as though that fact is somehow worse than the fact that the 'terrorists' are being led by the Right-hand of the worlds most public and popular mutant.

"As Felix and the Old man already know, 'Phase' is a young man, much like Frost or Grid, that we tried to recruit into our organization. He's a brilliant young man, who earned degrees in Physics, Thermodynamics, Chemistry, AND Biology by his early 20's. In medieval times they would have said he controlled the elements - earth, water, air, and fire. Now, we would say he can cause 'Phase Transition', basically heating or cooling something rapidly enough to shift it between Solid, Liquid, Gas, or even into a Plasma state.
Unfortunately, he rejected our offers rather pointedly.. He never believed we should hide, but that we were the evolutionary succession of the planet. Fortunately he didn't seem to believe violence was the answer. If the recent circumstances have changed that, well.. he's easily one of the most dangerous Meta's I know of."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yeah, we are in trouble. But, we also have an ace on our sleeves: This is Enoch, he can make your world go round and round just thinking about it. And we can leave the hot lady to our cool guy; for what I heard, Frost had a match with a meta with similar powers at the lab, and made him run with the tail between the legs." Uomo says, confident. "I think the top of the building would be a good entry point. Ground level will be covered in FBI assets, while inside the building would be jumping into the unknown. Jumping on top will grant us sufficient media coverage, there will probably be no terrorist on the roof, fearing snipers." Uomo suggests. "Once there, Grid can find a safe spot to hack into the security feed. Depending n what information we might extract with Grid's aid, we will either plant distractions: FBI swat teams bursting in the camera feeds to get the terrorist on their heels, and hopefully disperse them, while making a lockdown of wherever they are keeping the hostages. Is that doable Grid? Remember, we are trying to save these people, beating up terrorists is a bonus and should not be pursed in detriment of the main goal. So if we can make it nice and easy, we'll go that route. Material Girl, what other transformations can you produce? So far your metal one has been effective, but we might need something more if we are storming that castle. Specially, something that works in the three states of mater, solid, liquid and gaseous. Fulcrum, could you improvise an elevator? I mean something to step on on the outside of the building so we can get through the external windows." Uomo asks firstly.

jkason

First Post
Terry shrugs.

"It's like with the lab. If everything's cut off, I can't say for sure what I can access until I can start talking to the localized grid there. But if his security's as high end as it sounds, then it ought to be able to do what we want once I sweet talk it," he offers.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra looked distractedly at Uomo, dividing her attention between the video of the disasters, the hostage situation, and her own publisher's strident demands on her time. "Uh...elevator? Yeah, that's easy." She waved off the prospect of levitating hundreds of pounds of teammate high in the air. "But it won't be subtle. The FBI may take shots. The mutants inside will probably know we're there. Wouldn't that jeopardize the hostage?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"We will have, hopefully, a full security feed on where and where not are the terrorists, and we will be approaching from an unexpected angle. If we can get your elevator close to the hostage detention area, we could get them out through there, and you can extract them to safety, thus avoiding the terrorist infected building. This is all preeliminary planing, we won't know what to do until we are there and Grid accesses the security systems. Adds Uomo. He gives a pat at Robert's shoulder. "You'll be fine, seems you've been practising your stuff, eh? Back in shape like in the old times? It sure hurts getting the rust off." he jokes, stretching his shoulder muscle.

Zerith

First Post
‘If the information we have now is not enough…’ Felix repeated in his mind, checks puffed after Uomo brushed off his suggestion, he cooled off as the others spoke before replying “Any semi pure matter will work just as well: Metal included. If she is turned into a humanoid glob of metal it will be no different then when she was water, and if metal is forced into a gas, worst case scenario she will simply collect on the ground, but what I’m more worried about…” Felix’s brows scrunched together before he turned and looked to Sofa Girl “We don’t know what will happen if something forces a transformation onto you, even if it is one you’re normally able to easily do, it might just make it easier, and easily resistible, might fatigue you or possibly kill you out right just like anyone else, the Risk is nothing to ignore.” Felix breathed lowly, but audibly before shacking the thought off and moving on “I agree with using the roof, but I know Derek is not fool enough to hold them by an outside wall without an obverse and able means of terminating them, so I have another question for you, Cassandra” Felix continued as he turned to her “do you think you can rip through a, reinforced, building? Before hoisting out the hostages without crushing them with debris that is: because If Grid locates them before they know we’re there, and if their kept in a room alone, it will make the extraction swift and simple. By the time they can do anything about it we will have Lyon and will be moving away”

Felix then turned to Robert and asked “Do you think… is it still possible to reason with Derek? I don’t want to think of him as… an enemy…” Felix queried lowly, looking down and away at the end before clenching his teeth, the day just got worse and worse.
His teeth ground for a swift moment before he regained his composer and went back to scheming. “Regardless, I’m basically thinking of doing what I initially did in the lab: I should have an easier time navigating through Lyon’s house then a secret lab with an elaborate ventilation system”

Remove ads