Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

jkason

First Post
OK, new Issue is up, and time for powerup!
First up, The campaign's been going for a while, so finally time for a PL INCREASE. (I'm 99% sure I haven't done one yet...)
Secondly, Upgrades/PP bonuses:
[sblock=Grid] 9pp, also Your recent near-death experience has altered your biochemistry somewhat.
Grid gains Regen X(Uncontrollable), essentially you heal whenever I tell you. you also gain "Improved Recover": Like luck but it allows you to make one use of the 'recover' hero point ability without expending a hero point.
Also, I never finished your conversation with Genie for which I was going to give you some extra advantages. If you would like to reinitiate that there are bonuses to be earned, espeically considering her groups outlook and the current situation. If you weren't enjoying it, say so and I'll just give you something else. [/sblock]

Alright I think that's everything. If any comments/questions/concerns/suggestions, feel free to post'em as always.

[sblock=Grid]I liked the stuff with Genie, though running that and the current timeline stuff gets to be kind of difficult after awhile, and feels kind of like I'm having to keep up with two games at once (also, I think my own covert skills are probably lacking, since I was starting to run out of ways to try to gain trust without giving everything away to someone whom I had no way of confirming wasn't just drilling to blow our cover in the first place). I have no idea where that stuff left off, but if you do and have an endpoint in mind, I'll give it a shot.[/sblock]

Thanks for the upgrades. I'll try to find the time to figure out how I can spend them. :)

Zerith

First Post
:/

I think Felix and Katrina got thrown under the bus so to speak, from what I can tell everyone else got, at least, 10pp worth of advancement. Meanwhile Katrina got 9 worth of advancement and Felix… got a whopping 6pp worth (the generic 5pp and 1 more from poison immunity*) I’m just wondering if this is an oversight or what.
[*The gains in his other forms don’t matter, they’re both under powered to begin with, his human form regen could surge to 20, and remain well within the realms of being under powered.]

Jemal

Adventurer
As I've pointed out before, in many cases character progression will be directed, and in such cases the characters in question will tend to receive more PP than usual, but in areas that I have chosen to reflect events and experiences in the recent story.
This time in particular, the viral 'cure' has, as I stated, knocked your regeneration into overdrive as it eradicated the virus.
I Removed 7 points of limitations, added 1 pp immunity, and 5 free pp. If you're concerned about straight numbers, Felix easily got the most out of this upgrade. Everybody else gained 10-11pp, Felix gained 13.

Katrina gained 4pp worth of skills + 7pp free = 11
Frost only gained 10pp and a complication
Cassandra gained 10 + a benefit which is largely redundant
Grid gained 9pp, an advantage, and a completely GM controlled ability = 10+X
Uomo gained 9pp and 2 advantages = 11
Enoch gained 10pp

Also just FYI, the 'gain regen in all forms' is story, not power. It is linked to the 'regeneration overdrive'. If you don't want it I'll remove it.

On that note, If you'd like to complain about the other forms being underpowered, I could point out that I've by and large overlooked many of the problems I have with your alternate forms specifically to allow the character to function as you like it.
For a quick example, there's the fact that only your human form has the Benefits Alternate Identity, Cipher, and Wealth, despite the fact that those things don't actually disappear when you change shape and you're never more than a quick shift away from accessing them, meaning there's absolutely no loss. Strictly speaking when you are in cat or Hybrid form, your alternate identities and wealth cease to exist and anybody thinking about your character suddenly remembers things about him far more easily, things that I have ignored because I understand what you want.

jkason

First Post
Okay, take a look at Grid. I debated a couple of things, but just wound up making pretty straightforward upgrades rather than give myself a headache making other changes work.

I had something weird going on with toughness, where it looked like I bought ranks straight up, but as much as I can figure, you can't do that, so I edited that. Hopefully that's right now. Other changes (I tried to call them out on the sheet, but just to cover bases):

* Toughness fix as above
* +2 ranks each in Close Combat (Shock Punch), Deception, Insight, Investigation, Perception, Persuasion, and Stealth
* +1 rank each in Ranged Combat (electric blast) and Technology, maxing those two, I believe (at least, that was my intent)
* Bumped all powers in the "Electrical Control" array to the new PL (+1 rank to each of the powers in the array)

Zerith

First Post
[Sblock=wooops]hmm, I must have misread Karina's, thought it was 5 generic pp and not 7 :blush:

Your base 'regen 1' kicks back in as soon as you wish (And you now have it in ALL forms), as do your immunities, though you won't neccesarily know that.. The next time you are injured (By me, not self inflicted :p), Remove the limitations on your regeneration and immunities, and add Immunity: Poison as after fighting off the 'virus/toxin', your regeneration kicks into over-drive.
Also gain 5pp, and you may proceed with mutation upgrades as we had discussed before the virus, so long as you run things by me first.

Memo to self: read things twice to avoid very stupid oversights :eek:
>_>
<_<
*looks at past memos*
>_<;
Memo to self: stop ignoring Memos to self.

^_^;
*places foot in moth*[/Sblock]

Any ways, the part about cipher dos bring up a good point, and this frees up points I was going to dump into Regen.

and on further rereading I, finally, noticed you just pumped up the PL, so: do we get the default 15 PP that gos along with that or no?:p

Jemal

Adventurer
No, the 15pp/pl is a suggested ratio, not a set gain whenever you level up. (Though counting the pp I've given before this should set people around the 150pp base they should have at PL 10 - not accounting for anybody who chose the 'potential' or 'powerful' traits, that is.
Upping the Pl will mean that you can begin to upgrade things (As you can afford them), but it may take time before all of your abilities are maxed again, so you'll likely have to decide which comes firsts -defense, offense, or skills. Or whether you want to spend the PP on something else you've been waiting on and catch up on your PL later.

[sblock=Zerith]
Also I'd like to apologize if I came off harsh, I was a bit grumpy. I'm glad you didn't take it personally, and am pleased to see such a mature response. :)
Don't bother buying those benefits in your alt. forms, as I said, I know what you're going for, and don't want to make you pay too much extra for such oddities.[/sblock]

Jkason: Looks alright. You do know bulletproof vest only applies to bullets, yes? If you'd prefer something less limited, I'll allow you to 'upgrade' it for a more high-tech version since you've been working with Uomo/Gryphon for a while now - It would cost 2 more EP to drop the limited, for a "Protection 4, subtle" jacket costing 5 ep.

A FEW NOTES TO ALL :
This will likely be the shortest of the issues so far, so the next batch of PP shouldn't be over a year away.
Also, keep in mind that if you have any senses/defenses/powers that you think should/would be applicable in any given situation, Please point them out to me, I do run several games, and as such can't memorize all of the characters - I keep forgetting to buy Eidetic Memory.
And remember the same for Complications! They DO earn you bonus HP after all! I try to keep them in mind, but see above.

jkason

First Post
Jkason: Looks alright. You do know bulletproof vest only applies to bullets, yes?

Yeah, but M&M seems to be woefully devoid of general equipment modern armor protections, so it was the best I could find at the time. I guess you're supposed to buy better protection as device powers?

If you'd prefer something less limited, I'll allow you to 'upgrade' it for a more high-tech version since you've been working with Uomo/Gryphon for a while now - It would cost 2 more EP to drop the limited, for a "Protection 4, subtle" jacket costing 5 ep.

Excellent! With the Wi-fi upgrade Grid got last time, I think his commlink is actually redundant (since he can just tap into a comm line directly), and while night vision goggles might still come in handy, I'll gladly pitch 'em for a little more protection. Grid's probably far more squishy than he should be already. :)

Zerith

First Post
Given what happened in Vegas, what I'm about to show should be no surprise, but I had hoped to have it basically happen at the hotel after one last night when he recovered there, oh well, silly idea, but here is Felix anyways ;3

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Forest_Herder/Drawings/kailees114_zpsc0981877.jpg

[sblock=teh old pictures]
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Forest_Herder/Drawings/Felix.png
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f135/Forest_Herder/Drawings/SCAN0152.jpg
[/sblock]

Hmmm, this now tells me I need to draw his human form. :D
Also, I think Felix had a extra HP from getting regen taken away for the fight

Remove ads