Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ur spits out a bit of purple gore, a disgusted frown on his face. "Orc mage," he informs the others before running a cork-screwing path down the corridor at blinding speed, his bare feet somehow unbothered by any petty distinction between floor, wall or ceiling. Nearing the orc he's at the top of his trajectory even as he pushes off into a mighty elbow drop, his body growing madly even as it crosses the distance to his target!

"And who might *you* be, greenie?"

[sblock=Actions]Surprise round action: Expansion power up to Large (since I don't think Huge will fit, but he certainly will if it does :)). 9 minute duration, 3PP.

1st round action: Swift= Psionic Lion's Charge, 3PP. (I'm *also* guessing the ceiling is not high enough to drop 5' down on his target for a Battle Jumper bonus, right? If it is, he will, for a +4 to Trip on the first attack)
Charge double move= 100' down corridor, using Up the Wall for flavour.
Charge Attack= Flurry of Blows on orc from 10' away (reach), thanks to the Lion's charge. All improved trips until he falls down (followed by free attack on successful trip from Improved Trip Feat), then standard attacks. 1d20+28+1=43, 1d20+28+1=37, 1d20+28+1=46, 1d20+23+1=39, 1d20+17+1=26 Touch attacks, counting charge bonus and +1 racial bonus vs orcs. +20 to Trip vs Dex or Str (1d20+20=32, 1d20+20=31, 1d20+20=27, 1d20+20=21, 1d20+20=34). Then a further +4 tohit for prone and 6d8+13 damage with blows magical, Lawful and Adamantine (6d8+13=42, 6d8+13=44, 6d8+13=42, 6d8+13=43).

No Knock Back for now, since I don't think anybody else can reach him for hand to hand this round. Though... don't suppose there's anything nasty he could toss him into in the laboratory, is there? :devil:

True Sight still active, should that matter.[/sblock][sblock=Quick stat block]Current Conditions: Freedom of Movement, Body Equilibrium, True Sight
AC: 37 (Arrow Snarring 5/5, Spell Returning 3/3 [Ring]), Large 36, Huge 35 (add +4 Cover)
HP: 200/200 (Regeneration 20 Hp/H [Earring])
PP: 70/86
Ini: +10, Large +9, Huge +8
Reach: 5', Large 10', Huge 15'
Psionic focus: Focused

Fort 14/19 +2 Spells, +4 Suffocation, Immune to Poison and Disease
Ref 17/24 (add +4 Cover) +2 Spells, Improved evasion, -1 Large, -2 Huge, +1 if Hasted
Will 18/25 +2 Spells, +2 Enchantments

ToHit melee: (14/9/4 BAB), 26/21/15 with belt and bracers, 26/26/26/21/15 with Flurry
Damage unharmed: 4d8+12 (4 str, 3 belt, 5 bracers), Large 6d8+13, Huge 8d8+14 (Magical, Lawful, Adamantine [Ring])
Attack Options: Subdual, ST Knockback, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Trip(+17), Improved Sunder [Ring], Jumping Charge, Power Attack, Grapple(+31)
Defense Options: Up to 6 AoO per round, Slow Fall 50'

Move: 80' (Up walls if Focused, Stand up from prone as Free with no AoO [Anklets])
Jump: 45+1d20' (Only need 10' run up [Anklets], +10 to jump check 3/3 [Anklets])
Carry: Light 233, Medium 466, Heavy 700 (Lift X2, Drag X5, Large X2, Huge X4).

Powers From Items:
- True Sight 29min/30min, standard to activate [Goggles]
- Power Sight at will, Quick action [Goggles]
- Blingsight at will, standard to activate [Goggles]
- Earth Glide, standard to activate 15min 3/3 [Ring]
- +8 Grapple, 3/3 [Gloves]
- Empower Energy Burst (X1.5), Free action 3/3 [Shard]
- +5 Knowledge Skill, 1 min or Standard if at least 5 ranks 3/3 [Tome]
[/sblock]
OOC: Voda Vosa, the orc is a 100 feet away down the corridor, you know?

Last edited:

D'Raven

First Post
Tutek appears within reach of the Orc.
[sblock=hide of...] Darrian moves down the hall then casts a simple spell switching places with Tutek]

[sblock=OoC] surprise round Darrian moves down the hall. First turn Darrian moves again then casts benign transposition on Tutek.[/sblock]

Binder Fred

Good idea! Benign Transposition is a Close range spell though, 25' + 5' / 2 CL. With his 10' reach that *does* get Tutek within charging range of our target though.

EDIT= Hm, seems some source list it as 100' range instead...? Still, unless Darrian can move at least 45' per move action, it changes little: Tutek will be at most 60' down the corridor after the Transposition.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
That's great, because he has 30+10 for being large, +10 for his boots of striding and +10 for his reach, so I can get a full attack on our orckish friend there

Binder Fred

How do you figure? Unless he has a power like Psionic Lion's Charge, you can usually only do a simple melee attack at the end of a charge? Full attack is a full round action.

What that *does* seem to mean is that Tutek didn't really need Darrian's boost to get there this round... :(

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
So.. I seem to have lost my info for this character, so I'm going to give another day looking for it, if I can't find it, I may have to fake some #s til I remake him..
This also gives time for an action from Gerard, and to resolve the OOC issue that's popped up..

As far as the benign transposition thing, I've gone over it with D'raven and we're using the flat 100' range version. As for Tutek's Full attack, BF is correct. Tutek may have 50' movement and 10' reach, but a full attack still takes a full round (Or special ability that I don't think he has), and if you have to move at all you can't do that.
Tutek could charge the distance and swing once, with or without the transposition, but unless Darrian can get within 15' (5'step +10'reach for tutek), the Transposition is pointless.

*EDIT: Just realized Darrian's SURPRISE action was to move down, then another move action in his normal round, then standard action Benign transposition -
Darrian has a move speed of 40? (I think, it's not listed, but 30 base + boots..)
So Darrian moved a total of 80 feet. Considering both he and the Orc were 'in' the 100' hallway, there was about 90' separating them, so that'll be enough.

*EDIT #2: Another realization.. Two large characters trying to attack the same guy in a 10' corridor...
Darrian's action will put Tutek 10' away, Tutek will full round, then Ur will charge.. he can go through Tutek's square, but that will put him in the 10' square between Tutek and the Orc - he won't be able to attack from behind Tutek, and will be directly Adjacent to the Orc. Ur will then be providing cover from Tutek's future attacks, and between the two of them they'll be providing EXCELENT cover to the medium sized Orc from the rest of the party..

Just need an action from Gerard and confirmation that this is how you guys want to play it.

PS, BF - your Powersight Goggles say 'quick action', is that the swift action cast time the spell normally has or did we work out a free action for you?

BTW, if you guys're gonna talk OOC, please either put it in OOC/Sblocks or do it in the OOC thread. :p

Last edited:

Binder Fred

OOC: How about this: Darian teleports Tutek 20' from the orc. So seeing Ur delays. Tutek 5' advances and does a full attack action from 15' away (10' for Large plus 5' for the chain, right?). Ur charges as described and attacks from 10' away. Mage probably prone and within AoO range of our two main melee battlers (and remember that Ur can do up to 6 AoO in a round, please Jemal :devil:).... Does that work for everybody?

I think we worked out the Power Sight as a free, yes, but I couldn't swear. Feel free to re-evalute and change it if you think it's too much though.

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: Well, if Tutek attacks from 15' away, Ur will have to end adjacent to the orc. Remember 15' reach means two 5' squares between him and target, not 15'. (Standard reach is 5', that doesn't mean you can have a full 5' square between you and target. 10' reach can have a five foot square between, 15' reach can have two 5' squares, etc.
That's the space Ur will end up in, so Ur will not be able to stop 10' away, as that would be partially sharing Tutek's space.
Also, Ur would provide the Orc cover from Tutek for future attacks/AoO's, as previously mentioned.

MAP would end up looking like this:
*X=open space, O=Orc, U=Ur, T=Tutek.
|XO|
|UU|
|UU|
|TT|
|TT|
|XX|
|XX|

Also, [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION] had surgery about a week ago, so he may not even know we're up again, I'll give a few more days to see if he'll be back soon before I Delay Gerard's action.

Remove ads