Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

D'Raven

First Post
Darrian steps forward and addresses Eleriknas, recognizing Eleriknas as an undercommon name he attempts to communicate in that language. "Greetings Eleriknas, I am Darrian Raven. I do offer apologies for my patrons distrust, I attempted to tell them that business comes first in the Bazaar. My patrons here contacted my business about strange travel arrangements and were given a promise of service no matter how strange the destination. Not an uncommon concern, most travelers from their plane think the Bazaar itself is a strange local, or one of the elemental planes. So there was no worry on our part... Until the actual destination was mentioned. Let's just say its rather 'FAR' compared to most planes and outside my regular working area. I thought of your firm straight away or more precisely... Of you." Darrian stands with his back to the rest of the group, he rather dramatically rolls his eyes and continues with what sounds like a merchants prayer in the same tones he was using for the dialogue. "Profit save me from foolish patrons. As you have noticed they are a formidable group, a mercenary contract would have been a suitable exchange for me. I have a few things I could use them for, but extra expenses are still in the contract. Unfortunatly they seem to be a morally rich group so a large portion of merc contracts are out of the question. How ever profit will find a way."

[sblock=OoC]I assume that this is the mindflayer that we are looking for since you never gave a name if not then Ignore the "or more precisely part".
Perception 42, skill mastery
Bluff 44, skill mastery not that there is exactly all that many out right lies, just personal opinion, omissions and half truths.
Sense motive...1d20+7=25 I obviously believe everything I say

Last note going through my mind is
[sblock=in joke]"...volution convolution convolution please exit my mind, convolution convo...."[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Ur listens and watches, dark eyes attentive. When the illithid enters, he smoothes down the crawling of his skin and matter-of-factly lowers his blue-tinted goggles over his eyes...

"Stick to common," he requests when the ear-hurting gibberish has gone on for long enough.

OOC: True Sight activated on the room and Eleriknas, please. Triggering Power Sight on Eleriknas as well. Just how powerful is this guy?

Perception 1d20+26=38
Sense Motives 1d20+7=18

[sblock=Blindfold]The blindfold upgrade is a Blindfold of True Darkness functionality added on to his Goggles of true sight. Sort of an either/or thing, like we discussed earlier. It's already paid for and described on his sheet, just need the IC time to purchase it in the Bazaar.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Gerard smiles slightly but is letting someone else ask the questions, unless he is directly asked a question

sense motive +11 perception; +21

1d20+11=31, 1d20+21=29
[sensemotive is nat 20!]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Braham is surprised by his failure to detect either the creature or illusion magic. Suspicions about how it might be done begin to form in his mind, but he simply remains silent and lets Darrian take the lead. After all, doing business here was his idea.

perception +14 = 34

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying inspects the creature curiously, disguising her instinctive antipathy towards something so bizarre...and so antithetical to her own kind. It was far from the worst thing she'd ever seen, but it was still unpleasant. Though she had no idea how to read its face or movements, her eyes were sharp as a hawk's as they picked out details of the encounter.

(Perception 30, Sense Motive 11.)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4172295/

Jemal

Adventurer
Eleriknas nods to Ur and speaks in a watery voice "Of course, dear dwarf, Common it is." before turning back to face Darrian "If I understand you correctly, you wish to go to the.. Far Realm?" His eyes dart back across the others before returning to Darrian "That is a dangerous and difficult journey for a being who knows what they are doing. Certain suicide for most mortals... I must admit my curiosity is piqued even more than my sense of profit.. Why?"

As he speaks, the companions continue surveying him and the room.

[sblock=Mei-Ying, D'raven, Ur, and Braham make the Perception 30]
You notice a few small spots of blood behind the counter - one on the wall, one on the floor.. very hard to see but seemingly fairly fresh. It looks purple.
[/sblock][sblock=Only d'raven makes the 40.]
You can hear a very faint voice from down the corridor behind the Illithid, you can't quite make out what it's saying but it seems to be speaking at the same time Eleriknas is, as though parroting him.
Also, in case you didn't already guess it, you can tell that the blood (See perception 30 above) is Illithid.
[/sblock]*Nobody makes the 45 perception*
[sblock=Gerard's Nat 20 allows him to make the DC 30 Sense motive check. In fact since it's a nat 20 I'll give him some bonus info.]
Eleriknas is both difficult to read AND very well versed in deception, but you can tell something is bothering him - he's lieing, covering something up, and even seems.. perhaps a bit afraid?
[/sblock]
OOC: Apologies again on another dry stretch >< Went out of town for a week and then forgot to check ENWorld when I got back.. Should be back to regular now though.
BF - yeah I'll say you've had time to make the purchase in the bazaar. B/C you had Darrian with you, you even got it at regular market cost :p
Powersight shows that he has roughly the same power level as a rock. Not a Roc, nor THE Rock, but a ROCK.
True Sight - Nothing appears different through true sight.
VV - Sendesmecal gets the same as Braham's Detect Magic earlier: Eleriknas has absolutely no magic emanating from him.. And yes, I allow Magic/Psionic transparency, so Psionic powers would show up too. Either he's got no magical or psionic powers/items on him, or he's covered with some sort of anti-detection spell/power. The place itself radiates faint & lingering traces of various magics - mostly universal, divination, and illusion.

Also I already rolled secret spellcraft checks none of you were able to figure out what's stopping the divinations, though the casters know that there are a few ways of foiling divinations, and out here in the 'big world', there are likely even more powerful versions of spells like nondetection or misdirection.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Behind the counter: Not changing expression the dwarf reaches down, runs a finger through and then puts it in his mouth. (He's not a tracker, never has been, but when you hit people with your fists for a living (and a better world!), you know a lot more than you'd care to about *a lot* of subject).

[sblock=Jemal (and everybody that did the Perception 30)]Can he ID the blood as illithid (my first thought) or something else if it's something else (the logic being that if he's pounded that kind of being before, he might remember the distinctive taste/feel/look of something as peculiar as purple blood)? Can he deduce anything about what happened from the position and size of the splatters? Lastly but related to the previous, does it look like the drops are the remains of a bigger spill that has perhaps been cleaned up? (Read that as "Ur look for more blood/things out of place nearby" :)). Perception 1d20+26=42. True Sight is still active.[/sblock]
Gerrard looks to the others, a suspicious eyebrow raised much higher then usual.
Almost immediately following, he feels a touch on his arm and looks a little ways down. It's Ur, who discretely gestures to a spot behind the counter and mouthes: "Blood. Ilithid."

[sblock=OOC]
Jemal said:
Powersight shows that he has roughly the same power level as a rock. Not a Roc, nor THE Rock, but a ROCK.
"So he's all-powerful then." (So speaks the geologist AND the dwarf!)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Behind the counter: Not changing expression the dwarf reaches down, runs a finger through and then puts it in his mouth. (He's not a tracker, never has been, but when you hit people with your fists for a living (and a better world!), you know a lot more than you'd care to about *a lot* of subject).

[sblock=Jemal (and everybody that did the Perception 30)]Can he ID the blood as illithid (my first thought) or something else if it's something else (the logic being that if he's pounded that kind of being before, he might remember the distinctive taste/feel/look of something as peculiar as purple blood)? Can he deduce anything about what happened from the position and size of the splatters? Lastly but related to the previous, does it look like the drops are the remains of a bigger spill that has perhaps been cleaned up? (Read that as "Ur look for more blood/things out of place nearby" :)). Perception 1d20+26=42. True Sight is still active.[/sblock]
Almost immediately following, he feels a touch on his arm and looks a little ways down. It's Ur, who discretely gestures to a spot behind the counter and mouthes: "Blood."
[sblock]They appear to be the remains of a hasty cleanup job. Illithids are exceptionally rare on the Prime so it's unlikely Ur has fought them before, but since D'raven figured it already, I'll give it to you : Yes it's Illithid blood.
I can't recall do you guys have Telepathic communication or are you just sharing info openly in front of him?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
"So he's all-powerful then." (So speaks the geologist AND the dwarf!)[/sblock]
[/quote]
OOC: Hush rockhound. :p

Remove ads