Gaming W/Jemal: Planar Quest IC (Prologue)

D'Raven

First Post
Darrian takes a moment to compose himself before hurrying in after Braham. Fluttering next to him muttering meaningless buzz words and complements, His face a mask of pained subservientness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shayuri

First Post
Mei-Ying, always the quiet one, only hesitates a moment longer as the others go in.

She takes a moment to augment herself with some protections...a conceit she admits to herself is unlikely to buy more than a few moments if things truly get that bad. But a few moments is sometimes enough.

Thus girded, she proceeds up the ramp to the unknown.

[sblock]Moment of Prescience, Shield, Spell-Turning are up.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Would a 4th level spell cast as a 6th level spell be more powerful? Such as 'non detection' cast through a 'Limited wish?'

Gerard casts a spell, and if any watched with the right sight would see it as a reasonably powerful spell.

Action: cast limited wish to cast a non-detection

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
Argh sorry, as I said OOC was going to start updating stuff, but Tuesday couldn't get on ENWorld, and was busy on Mon/Wed. I've managed to update my other two games (At least enough to possibly/hopefully get them going again), but the next post for this I had planned to be a bit more in depth, so will be doing it when I've got some more time. Just wanted to let you all know that I've not forgotten this game if you haven't. ;)

Jemal

Adventurer
Ur's study of the Wolfram and Heart building yields little information, it is made entirely of glass and metal and unlike any structure he's seen elsewhere. It seems exceptionally fragile yet simultaneously mighty. He's not sure if a shatter would collapse the entire structure, or bounce harmlessly off - though if he asks Darrian, the Raven suspects the latter - along with dire consequences. The 'firm' has a certain.. reputation.

As the moves into the Saucer, a voice speaks as soon as Braham crosses the threshold. "Welcome, customers. Please be comfortable and you will be greeted shortly. Be aware that intruders will be dealt with swiftly." The voice is sweet and feminine, and seems to be a variant of the 'Magic Mouth' spell without the mouth.
The room they enter is 20 feet wide and deep, furnished with lovely chairs and couches, a curved counter occupies one corner of the room, with a closed door to its side. There appears to be nobody behind the counter.
From the dimensions of this room, and the emanations of magic, it seems obvious that the Saucer contains extradimensional space. (Which Darrian knows to be common among the powerful or wealthy establishments of the bazaar)

Assuming everybody waits without touching anything, after five minutes the message repeats, and a chime can be heard from beyond the door. As the legion begins to grow antsy, the door swings open. A 7 foot tall Illithid floats through the doorway, which slides shut behind him as he approaches, tentacles wriggling as he looks between each of you, before addressing you telepathically.
OOC: I'm including most of it's opening questions without waiting for responses b/c I'm not anticipating anything plot-changing and don't want this part to take too long after such a delay.

-"Do you require a specific spoken language or telepathic communication?"
-Once a method of communication has been determined, the Illithid bows slightly "I am Eleriknas, but your kind often call me Eric. Whom do I address as your leader?"
-It's eyes continue glancing around as it seems to study each of you for several seconds, scowling slightly at Gerard each time its gaze travels over him. (At least, you think that's a scowl.. Mind flayers can be rather hard to read...) "Welcome to my establishment. I see you and your entourage come well equipped and prepared. You radiate power and status, yet I do not recognize you. Might I enquire as to your origin?"
-Eric floats back and forth in front of you, pacing a few inches above the ground "Now, what assistance do you require of the Savant, and what payment are you prepared to offer? Money, favours.. delicacies perhaps?"

OOC:
Binder - Remind me again what the Blindfold upgrade was?
Scott - Limited Wish is, according to my PHB and the d20srd, a 7th lvl spell, not 6th.
All - please remember if you have any special senses (Such as Scent/detections/etc) to point them out if/when you think they may be applicable. Searching through a half dozen lvl 20 characters to see what might apply to any given situation takes a GM forever.
Braham's Voidsense does not detect the Illithid at all, though he also doesn't detect any illusory magic.. in fact...
Detect Magic: Eleriknas has absolutely no magic emanating from him.. And yes, I allow Magic/Psionic transparency, so Psionic powers would show up too. Either he's got no magical or psionic powers/items on him, or he's covered with some sort of anti-detection spell/power. The place itself radiates faint & lingering traces of various magics - mostly universal, divination, and illusion.

I need Spot and Sense Motive checks from everybody along with responses/reactions.
*NOTE: In case someone accuses him of illusion/Trickery, he will reach out and allow them to touch his hand, but if further 'proof' is required, grows angry at being called a liar.*

Remove ads