Gaming w/Jemal : War of the Gods Pt 1. (Attn: All)

Shayuri

First Post
Setis, clad in the seeming of an elderly woman in commoner clothes with a hooded shawl about her shoulders and head, selects a walking stick from a sickly looking swamp tree's branches and grimaces as she glares around at the people wandering hither and yon.

"Best if we stay low key," she murmured to the others. "If we're too obvious, it'll be suspicious. We should go into town and start asking questions about the lycanthrope problem...drop a few hints we might be able to help. Ask who to talk to, that sort of thing. One other thing though...we'll need someone to do some real research into this Kar fellow, and no names. They can hear their names spoken, so watch that. So who wants to go into town with me and plant some seeds, and who wants to see what they can dig up about our quarry?"

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Throughout the trip, Elle begins the arduous task of transforming herself to best suit her next mission. She collects and tightens the folds of her black cloak until it fits snugly against her heward's haversack as if they were a single item. Setting down her portable hole she retrieves and dawns an old, beat up, brown robe. She then proceeds to pull out various bandaging, an old work glove, some makeup, a gnarled quarterstaff, and a chest filled with various twigs, dirt, and woodland debree.

She first sets to the task of applying makeup to her face, not enough to properly beautify her, but to cover over her pale skin and make her stick out less. She covers herself with the dirt and twigs, mixing it into her hair and coating her robe so as to give the appearance of long since feeling the touch of civilization. She then bandages over her goggles with a thin white cloth with small slits designed to make it see through and yet give off the illusion of blindness. She dons the workglove on her right hand, it being specifically designed to fit over and disguise her normal gauntlet. She places her Scythe into her left hand gauntlet and grabs her shortsword with the blade riding down her arm. She then proceeds to bandage it as one would an injured arm, concealing the weapon, yet leaving it able to quickly cut her way out should the need arise to defend herself. A careful application of more dirt and grime to her eye and arm bandaging, giving them a worn look and her new look was finished.

In the end, she took the form of a ravished forest dweller, blind and maimed from some horrible trajedy. One that could hopefully be corrected by the successful completion of a ritual involving a certain Seed of the First Tree.

Once her apperance was up to par, she began questioning her more knowledgeable companions over the details of the seed, specifically how one would use it, and most importantly what resources would one need to gather in order to perform a ritual with it. Once she trapped all the important information about the seed into her head, she was ready for the part she needed to play.

When questioned by Setis, she paused and though for a moment.
"I am not planning on either course of action. We intend on luring our adversary out with our seed, and thats exactly what I intend to do. I am going to go into town, and start questioning merchants over different hard to get components involved in possible rituals for using the seed. I will probably get passed around over and over, as these will not be something one can just casually pick up in your average market. In the process I will sow my own seeds of curiosity amongst the townsfolk.

Eventually I will meet someone with enough expertise to divine my purpose involving some important artifact or relic and they will attempt to garner information about my purpose. I will let slide but a few details at first, from person to person, slowly adding more and more to a growing story of woe that is punctuated by my attempts to rebirth my god ravaged home forest using not but the Seed of the First Tree. Within a few days, I expect our lycanthropic adversaries to come knocking."

Elle begins to head into the city, but pauses and turns back to her companions. "Your idea does hold merit, and I do believe you and the others should do as you suggested, but please... do not mention the seed to anyone or my attempts at gathering interest towards it may be stifled."

[sblock=OOC] Unless somebody has an issue with my course of action, I want to go ahead and put some skill rolls to the plan, just in case they are required by the DM. Specifically a bluff check, a gather information check, and a sense motive check. This should cover acting out my part, following the appropriate clues, and telling if anybody has caught on to the seed or if they have any connections to the lycanthropes we hunt. If anybody does have any issue with the course I am taking, feel free to mention it and I will be happy to backtrack. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Ruiktheforgotten

First Post
Mizore looks to Setis and Elle. I would like to help you guys with this task but my skills are rather lacking in the Espionage department. The best i would be able to do for you guys is to be a distraction in the form of a street performer. But as you have stated we need to stay discrete, and that would probably not be the best course of action. But i do believe you 2 have the right idea and will support you however i can.

Shayuri

First Post
Setis nods at Mizore, and at Elle.

"Of course, do as you see fit. You're welcome to come with me, Mizore. My plan isn't to try to deceive...it's simply to find out more about this 'lycanthrope' problem, and get the rumor started that there are people asking about it. Since lycanthropy is a perversion of the natural order, it may well be that our quarry is involved, or at least paying attention."

"No need to worry, Elle. I'll leave the telling of tales to you."

"Those of us who cannot assume human, or near human forms would probably do best waiting in the wild for us to return."

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC:
So the gist of it is that Setis/Mizore are heading into town to ask around about the Lycanthropy problem and Elle is taking a few days to slowly spread rumours that she's using the Seed to restore her home forest.
Aussir is non-humanoid and hasn't posted any actions, so he'll remain outside waiting, I guess Killikak will keep him company, since he hasn't posted anything either.
Assuming nobody changes these plans by then, I'll figure out the results and have a DM post up by tomorrow.

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry, Jemal, the end of the semester and Finals and grading kicked my butt. I will be on more now. And yes assume Killikak is outside waiting.

Remove ads