• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gardens and the Graves

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Titian giggles for several minutes, then finally manages to find a patch of mushrooms. He looks at it in confusion, then goes and begins to tickle the side of each mushroom, hoping to find Gus.*

"You're very welcome, Oribella. We haven't had a lady fairy here before," Katherine says, clapping her hands.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Sensing his impending doom, Gus throws up his hands and laughs out loud.

"Okay, you found me, Titian. No fair tickling!"

He wades out of the mushroom patch and stands in front of Katherine and bows to her.

"A fine morning to you as well, lady Katherine."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Titian laughs at Gus' reaction, and goes and perches on the wishing well wall.*

*Katherine carefully curtseys back to Gus, and laughs again.*

"I wish I had a baby brother," Titian calls down into the well, tossing down a dandylion. As the youngest, it's a common wish of his to have someone he can boss around, as well to have another boy in the house. But today something strange happens. The dandylion sails back out of the well, glittering with an odd silvery dust.

Ashy

First Post
Grouse sees Titian sitting on the edge of the well, and begins to fuss at him about it - his playfully cross words are cut short when he sees the dandylion float back up out of the well.

"Thorns and twigs! What in all things blessed is that?!?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Titan looks at it in astonishment for a moment, then jumps off the well and moves to pick it up.*

"I think... it's my wish," he says softly, looking mesmirized.

Ashy

First Post
Grouse, a sudden feeling of inexplicable terror and evil creeping over him, calls out, "Master Titian! Don't touch it! It's eeevviiilll!"

OOC: Sorry, I *HAD* to! ;)

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Oribella thanks the young lady for her welcome and blushes a little at being called the first "lady fairy" in the gardens. Turning her attention to the little boy on the well she listens to his wish as he plays with the dandelion. Oribellla watches in wonder as the puff floats back up into the air. Everyone seems just as stunned as she.*

Never have I seen anything like this! Grandfather Thistle seems just as amazed. she muses to herself.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Grouse's warning seems to shock Titian out of his daze, and he jerks back from the silvery dandylion.*

"Why? How? How do you know it's evil?" Titian demands, looking cross.

Ashy

First Post
Grouse is as cross with the child as he has ever been as he replies, but there is still a great and perceptiable measure of love and care in his scraggly voice for the boy. "I don't rightly know, youn'gn, but Ol' Grandfather just has a feelin'. Let me give it a look-see and find out a bit more 'bout it, eh?"

Grandfather begins to hum an old, old tune - one nearly as ancient as the bones of the faery world. His humming calls forth whisperings from the woods, the water, and the stones about him. The whisperings slowly combine into a sibilant song that all can hear, but only Grouse can understand. The song tells the tale of how the magic of the dandylion works, of what it is composed and of what it might affect...

OOC: casting detect magic. Also, what does the Stalwart eye do? ;)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Gus wanders over to Titian and looks up at the child.

"It's always best to be careful about strange happenings and the like. It won't take but a moment for Ole Grouse to check out the flower. Now, why don'y you just sit down here and tell me what's new up at the house while Grouse works."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads