• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Con II Pics!

diaglo

Adventurer
Diaglo,

Did you playtest the DCC RPG w/ Goodman? If so, any beans to spill?

yes, yes i did. twice.

i died 2 times in the first one. although i had made 3 pcs. i handed one of those over to a late comer to the game. we ran as 0 level commoners attempting to seek our fortunes and lots in life. i had a few beers in me, but was able to game. a couple d00ds in the group faded. i think they had twice as many scotches to my beers in them.

i survived the 2nd time. but i was 1st lvl by then. i played 2 pcs then too. a cleric and a thief. it was a continuation of the first session. this group played much more cautious and sober. ;)

a few tidbits to work on but when we tried talking about it after the first session it... um... ended up getting dragged way off topic.

after the second session i didn't stick around, i had to get something to eat.

grodog

Hero
You're quite welcome. The Seige of Bodenburg and the Battle for the Moathouse (yes, that moathouse) were brought to the convention by Paul Stormberg and were, IMO, the top events of the weekend. I think people had fun no matter what they played but those were definitely the showcases of how to prep and run minis/convention games. Absolutely beautiful scenery and figs with the theme of event(s) and rules appropriate to the convention (Classic Chainmail). He has set the bar very high for next year's Referees/DMs/GMs.

Paul always does a great job with his wargames events, and it was a blast to play in the Siege (I played the Moathouse a few years ago at LGGC#3).

Remove ads