• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Gem of Your Collection

Sacrosanct

Legend
A few weeks ago I was going through a bunch of AD&D modules to see if any would convert well for our new 5e campaign. I opened up C2, the Castle of Inverness and found handwritten notes by my best friend who got us into the game and always DMd for us. He had added a bunch of traps in the unoccupied rooms and some made up magic items that would be specific finds for the characters we were playing at the time. (Halfling thief for me). We never got to it in that campaign and he passed away a couple of years later at 22 - some 25 years ago now. I don't have anything quite as significant as that. Quite a few all nighters were pulled during that time. :)

/thread

Ezequielramone

Explorer
I think my entire collection is a gem:
(BTW I'm 24, and live in a country where there is not a RPG market, so is f****g hard to find all those stuffs,but this is what an (about to finish) engineering career could get you)
I have tons of minis and novels, but that's too much to photograph.

4th and 5th ed books
20150105_185309.jpg

Greyhawk, Eberron, Dragonlance and Midnight
20150105_185522.jpg

Ravenloft, Planescape, More Eberron, Greyhawk and Dragonlance
20150105_185913.jpg

3rd era first part
20150105_190238.jpg

3rd era second part, 1st and 2nd ed core rulebooks, plus Tome of Magic and The Art of Dragon Magazine
20150105_190604.jpg

Pathfinder/Golarion 1st part, yes
20150105_190957.jpg

Pathfinder/Golarion 2nd part, it's neccesary to have two core rulebooks
20150105_191421.jpg

Die for the win, and other stuffs, I love my ramones' bag
20150105_191659.jpg

Here come my very best thing: My Forgotten Realm's Collection
20150105_191927.jpg
20150105_192450.jpg
20150105_192901.jpg
20150105_193207.jpg

Other "non d&d" stuffs
20150105_200514.jpg

Last edited:

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The "gem" of my collection would have to be my DM screen, signed by Dave Arneson. And the screen holder it's in, custom-built by my SO to fit the table it's used on.

I'm slowly working on building up a complete collection of all the old-school adventure modules, but it's getting down to hard (i.e. expensive) targets now and will likely never be finished. After that there's a smattering of books from 1e through 5e, some box-set adventures and settings, spell and equipment guides, etc.

And I've got far too many metal character pieces and plastic minis. :)

Lan-"for some GenCon is a gaming convention; for me it's a shopping trip"-efan

Imperialus

Explorer
I'm slowly working on building up a complete collection of all the old-school adventure modules, but it's getting down to hard (i.e. expensive) targets now and will likely never be finished. After that there's a smattering of books from 1e through 5e, some box-set adventures and settings, spell and equipment guides, etc.

I know that feeling. My current project is old Judges Guild stuff. I need to replace my copy of Citystate of the Invincible Overlord. I've got World Emperor, and Wilderlands but my copy of IO got destroyed over a decade ago and I've never been able to replace it.

Imperialus

Explorer
I think my entire collection is a gem:
(BTW I'm 24, and live in a country where there is not a RPG market, so is f****g hard to find all those stuffs,but this is what an (about to finish) engineering career could get you)
I have tons of minis and novels, but that's too much to photograph.

For Argentina that is a very impressive collection. I lived there as a teenager and I remember having to take the train to the downtown core of B.A. because there was a guy who had a booth set up in Retiro who sold pirated computer games and Magic the Gathering cards.

HorusZA

Explorer
My most precious RPG collectibles:

• Original Edition D&D (including all the supplements up to Swords & Spells) in a rather battered old box (not sure what colour it was... maybe brown)
  • Signed copy of Chainmail 3rd Edition
  • White Dwarf 1-100 in their original binders
  • Signed copy of the first D&D 3e DMG sold in Europe (won at a charity auction at GenCon Manchester which included a D&D session with Gygax... was awesome!)
  • Internal WotC playtest/proof copy of the D&D 3e PHB.
  • Signed copy of the Dune: Chronicles of the Imperium RPG
  • Original draft copy of "Realms of Sorcery" for WHFRP submitted to Hogshead (with covering letter by James Wallis)

Last edited:

Ezequielramone

Explorer
For Argentina that is a very impressive collection. I lived there as a teenager and I remember having to take the train to the downtown core of B.A. because there was a guy who had a booth set up in Retiro who sold pirated computer games and Magic the Gathering cards.
yeah, you can understand the extra effort I did to get my items beyond spending money. I can't enter amazon and search what I want. every buy implies some travel. I don't have access to a market to buy stuffs. almost everything came as a particular order. since I have credit card I bought books on Amazon (I can only get items sold by Amazon, cause particular ones don't send to Argentina), the delivery is expensive but if I get discount in the pre-orders I get a fair price.
I was the first one in my country to get 5th's starter set.

trentonjoe

Explorer
I know that feeling. My current project is old Judges Guild stuff. I need to replace my copy of Citystate of the Invincible Overlord. I've got World Emperor, and Wilderlands but my copy of IO got destroyed over a decade ago and I've never been able to replace it.

Do you have Teagle Manor? I half ass looked for that for years but could never find one I could afford.

I have Ice Ogre (which I really like) and some other flimsy modules that are less good.

And I hear you on the ruined copies. I had to throw out my caverns of thracia which I just looked up aand is like $250 to replace.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Probably my copy of Ptolus. I've never used it, but it's so beautiful. It's probably the most well laid out setting book I've ever seen, which is good, because it's a monster of a book.
I have lots of great books and boxed sets, but I think I have to go with Ptolus too.

I used it in place of Zazesspur in Tethyr when I ran The Banewarrens in the Realms for my wife - we had a lot of fun with that campaign and it's the best city book ever produced in my opinion. Gorgeous AND useful!

Cheers

Rich

Remove ads