• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Gem of Your Collection

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Coolest: Ptolus, Wilderlands Box Set (Necromancer Games), Planescape Box Sets, Rappan Athuk (All versions), Undermountain Box sets, Slumbering Tsar mega-adventure

Favorite Product Gaming Memory: Return to the Tomb of Horrors box set adventure. That was a blast to run and we had a good group.

I have a few choice items I like, although nothing hugely valuable or old. Stuff like that is beyond my meagre budget and seldom makes its way up north. And I didn't really get into collecting gaming products.

Ghosts of Dragonspear is a nice piece. A modern rarity. Had to get a friend of a friend to get it for me from GenCon though. Worth it.
image2-e1420422696842.jpg

I got a couple 4e updates of old modules from the RPGA. (I miss running games for Living Greyhawk, ended up with some neat stuff.)
image3-e1420422925721.jpg

Someone else has mentioned Ptolus. Great product I'm glad I purchased. An amazing product. Someday I should run a campaign there. The book deserves it. Easily the most complete and comprehensive RPG product I've seen and amazing writing and production values. THE read if you're planning on designing a campaign setting product, if only from a layout perspective.
image5-e1420422623760.jpg

I'm a HUGE Ravenloft fan, so I have pretty much every 'Loft product printed (and a couple not printed, such as the unreleased Van Richten's Guide to the Mists, printed at my local Staples.)
Photo-2015-01-04-10-53-24-AM-e1420423088283.jpg

Which led to me getting this bad boy:
image9-e1420422533697.jpg

Oh, and the 3PP Tarokka deck from 3e. Pricey on eBay now. This might be the object that's increased in value the most.
image4-e1420423134757.jpg

Getting into Pathfinder I have a few more choice pieces. I found a copy of the Beta playtest on my honeymoon in Paris, back when they were still new. Kept it in good condition and had it signed by a few key staff.
image1-e1420423258163.jpg

Got one of the original Tome of Horrors Complete books. Damn good book.
image8-e1420423373136.jpg

The Kickstarter copy of Emerald Spire. Which I took to GenCon and got signed by *most* of the writers (missing three).
image6-e1420423288298.jpg image7-e1420423299965.jpg

The coolest thing I own (next to Ptolus) is the Paizo.com exclusive Rise of the Runelords book. Because it's just damn cool.
image-e1420423449700.jpg
Giant tome like case for the book with working clasp, handouts in the book, cloth ribbon, copies of the covers, and a solid adventure to boot.

Last edited:

painted_klown

First Post
Cool collection Jester Canuck. With everyone posting pics, I feel like I should add some as well, even though my collection is just starting...I will grow it as I can though. :)

Schmoe

Adventurer
For me it would be:

Ptolus - As others mentioned, simply an amazing product

Shackled City hardback - The first Adventure Path. I have tons of old modules that also deserve mention, but this one holds a special place.

A bunch of old Autoduel Quarterlies from when I played Car Wars in the 80's. Man, I loved that game.

Weird Dave

Adventurer
Publisher
Excellent thread! I found a leather bound collection of the Deadlands Players Guide and Marshals Handbook (one big tome) signed by Shane Hensley a dozen or so years ago and picked it up. Definitely my favorite single RPG item! I also managed to get my hands on two highly regarded Call of Cthulhu campaigns, Walker in the Wastes and Beyond the Mountains of Madness, each of which holding a place of honor in my library. Chronomancer stands as my favorite AD&D book in my collection.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
My prizes are a brown-box Original D&D Set (this was before the white-box) autographed by both Gary Gygax and David Arneson, an amber colored recalled version of module B3 "Palace of the Silver Princess", and a hardbound copy of "A Magical Medieval Society" by Expeditious Retreat Press.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads