• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Gen Con 04] The Insane Game - Updated 8/15/03!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Ashy's my hero. I'm thrilled he's taking point on organizing this.

We're looking at some interesting and fun dynamics here; conservatively speaking, I'm pretty sure that it's not going to disappoint. I will mention that you shouldn't expect to see a battle involving all 25-30 players vs one monster. I'm a big fan of fast combat, and "You hit? Good; we'll get back to you in 20 minutes" simply isn't acceptable. You also won't see an Arena of Death, because I simply don't find those to be fun, especially with this many people. What you should expect to see is a fun plot and tightly written characters.

We're finishing up logistics. I expect that we'll start having volunteers working on adventure plots and characters beginning in September.

The large number of volunteers is just as crucial as the number of players who are interested. With 5-6 tables and 2 DMs per table, plus "runners" for intra-table coordination, we'll need good DMs. :D

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Hmm-- I hadn't thought about how many DMs you'd need, and was thinking from the list you had enough. I'd like to sign up tentatively to DM in that case!

Daniel

Uzumaki

First Post
Piratecat said:
We're finishing up logistics. I expect that we'll start having volunteers working on adventure plots and characters beginning in September.

Is there going to be any character generation on the players' parts?

Ashy

First Post
Thanks, Pkitty! :D

Stormy - it depends, drop me an email and we'll chat...
Uzumaki - it really depends on the plot that we come up with - more on this as we get it.
Pie - Added Arldag! ;)

LcKedovan

Explorer
Ashy said:
Thanks, Pkitty! :D

Stormy - it depends, drop me an email and we'll chat...
Uzumaki - it really depends on the plot that we come up with - more on this as we get it.
Pie - Added Arldag! ;)

Hi Ashy! Long time no speak ;). Looks like I got active again just in time. For your guys reference I have helped organise and run a coordinated 10 table game here in Germany for the old RPGA "Living Tsurlagol" (The german FR setting). If you wanted I could chitchat with you, Pkitty and the rest to discuss some of the logistics of what we did to run the game and maybe offer advice on what worked and what didn't to help things run smooth. Lemme know dude, you have my email, or post here, I'd love to be of assistance.

Why re-invent the wheel? ;)

-W.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads