• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con 2011 D&D Tournaments

Arksorn

First Post
Does anyone know of any Gen Con 2011 D&D Tournaments?

There is the D&D Championship:

2011 D&D Open Championship: The Fires of Mount Hotenow: Entry - This year’s D&D Championship takes place in the area of Neverwinter in the Forgotten Realms, and features encounters originally submitted by the D&D community. The D&D Open Championship consists of a qualifying round consisting of 5 encounters that must be passed in order to enter the final round. 10th-level characters are provided. Form your team (5 + alternate) and prepare to prove your group can make it to the final round on Sunday and be crowned D&D Champions!

Are there any others?

My group had a blast 2 years ago when we played in 3 of 3 rounds of the Goodman Games DCC tournament, 2 of 3 rounds of the D&D Championship, and the Ultimate Delve. Since then, tournament style play has been sparse with only the 2 round D&D Championship. We are itching to play more tournament style and are wondering if anyone knows of any others (maybe even those that are not 4E).

Crothian

First Post
Last year XRP ran a 1e Tournment that was 2 sessions over 2 days. I was one of the DMs. I'm hoping that we do something like that again as it was a lot of fun.

GameDaddy

Explorer
Not a tournament, However I'll be running two Old School one-shot games during the course of Gencon.

More Info and updates available here:
GameDevOnline

Characters, Minis, and Dice provided, Open for ages 13+, all experience levels welcome.

darjr

I crit!
Bah, I actually lived and got nothing for surviving the Tower of Gygax with the Ranger on the front line from start to finish. That was disappointing, especially after all my hard work baitcasting with the halflings. :]

My son and our group were TPK'd in the tower at the 'Alamo'. Durn skeletons, why'd they have to come in scores and scores of em? Why?

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Last year XRP ran a 1e Tournment that was 2 sessions over 2 days. I was one of the DMs. I'm hoping that we do something like that again as it was a lot of fun.
[MENTION=232]Crothian[/MENTION]

If you do I'd like to get in on it. :) Could you do me a favour and - once the event list ever gets posted - shoot me a line and tell me what event # it is and-or what it's called so I can sign up? Thanks!

Lan-"what a summer it's gonna be"-efan

Last edited:

Remove ads