Gen Con

Hey I was wondering about Gen Con....I know its in like Milwaukee or something (someplace ridiculously far from me I might add!) and theres no way in heck I can get there for Gen Con..so I was wondering...is there a Gen Con for Boston? Or any RPG conventions? Boston I can do, Milwaukee I can't. Anyone have any info?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
GenCon is one convention of many; it's also the largest, with some 25,000 people attending.

You just missed a con in Andover, MA this last weekend. There is one in Stamford CT (www.conncon.com) in March. ConnCon draws probably 400-600 people, I'd guess, and is always lots of fun.

Thanks for the info on Gen Cons in the MA area. Hopefully I will be able to go. I do have some questions however: what exactly is it like? As I've never been to one, I'm not sure what to expect. My group plays D&D 3E and thats it. Are there fun-filled gaming sessions and informative "help" sessions? I know I won't be disappointed, I just want a gyst of what to expect.
Thanks again

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
GenCon only refers to the big con in WI; it's a proper name, not a generic name.

Cons will vary. Many have no Q&A panels, but do have lots of games. There will be individual games that people are running themselves, LARPS (liva action games), RPGA-organized games where you are given a character, and RPGA-organized games where you bring your own PC that matches their rules. Some cons have anime rooms, card games, a dealer room, board games, miniatures games, and other features. People will probably be playing D&D along with lots of other game systems; 3e will be most prevalent.

There will be 3-4 "slots" per day when games run. You typically preregister for these or buy a ticket on-site. Cons usually cost about $5-$10 a day, plus $1-$3 per four-hour game.

I recommend you try other games than 3e. A con is the perfect place to do so; you play for 4 hours, then decide whether or n ot you had enough fun to buy it!

adndgamer

First Post
Piratecat said:
GenCon only refers to the big con in WI; it's a proper name, not a generic name.

Thank you PC :) That was starting to bug me.. (no offense intended to anybody)

Hm. Is there a con listing anywhere online? One that has different states and convention times?

Remove ads