• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con

Hey I was wondering about Gen Con....I know its in like Milwaukee or something (someplace ridiculously far from me I might add!) and theres no way in heck I can get there for Gen Con..so I was wondering...is there a Gen Con for Boston? Or any RPG conventions? Boston I can do, Milwaukee I can't. Anyone have any info?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
GenCon is one convention of many; it's also the largest, with some 25,000 people attending.

You just missed a con in Andover, MA this last weekend. There is one in Stamford CT (www.conncon.com) in March. ConnCon draws probably 400-600 people, I'd guess, and is always lots of fun.

Thanks for the info on Gen Cons in the MA area. Hopefully I will be able to go. I do have some questions however: what exactly is it like? As I've never been to one, I'm not sure what to expect. My group plays D&D 3E and thats it. Are there fun-filled gaming sessions and informative "help" sessions? I know I won't be disappointed, I just want a gyst of what to expect.
Thanks again

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
GenCon only refers to the big con in WI; it's a proper name, not a generic name.

Cons will vary. Many have no Q&A panels, but do have lots of games. There will be individual games that people are running themselves, LARPS (liva action games), RPGA-organized games where you are given a character, and RPGA-organized games where you bring your own PC that matches their rules. Some cons have anime rooms, card games, a dealer room, board games, miniatures games, and other features. People will probably be playing D&D along with lots of other game systems; 3e will be most prevalent.

There will be 3-4 "slots" per day when games run. You typically preregister for these or buy a ticket on-site. Cons usually cost about $5-$10 a day, plus $1-$3 per four-hour game.

I recommend you try other games than 3e. A con is the perfect place to do so; you play for 4 hours, then decide whether or n ot you had enough fun to buy it!

adndgamer

First Post
Piratecat said:
GenCon only refers to the big con in WI; it's a proper name, not a generic name.

Thank you PC :) That was starting to bug me.. (no offense intended to anybody)

Hm. Is there a con listing anywhere online? One that has different states and convention times?

Remove ads