Genasi: Versatile Resistance

Camelot

Adventurer
I have a question about the Versatile Resistance feat for the Genasi.
The feat's benefit is: You gain resist 5 cold, resist 5 fire, and resist 5 thunder regardless of your elemental manifestation.
If I make a firesoul genasi and take this feat, does my character have resist 5 fire, or do the resistances stack to make it resist 10 fire?
Thanks!

Mahali

Explorer
I have a question about the Versatile Resistance feat for the Genasi.
The feat's benefit is: You gain resist 5 cold, resist 5 fire, and resist 5 thunder regardless of your elemental manifestation.
If I make a firesoul genasi and take this feat, does my character have resist 5 fire, or do the resistances stack to make it resist 10 fire?
Thanks!
General rule is resistances don't stack. So Resist Fire 5.

KlassyReborn

First Post
it says that you resist 5 fire/cold/thunder regardless of your elemental manifestation, so in other words, it takes away the original resistance and replaces it with the versatile one.

Diirk

First Post
It doesn't replace it; it gains it in addition (altho not stacking). A level 11 firesoul genasai with versatile resistance still has 10 fire resist, not 5.

Diirk

First Post
He's basically saying because the firesoul upgrades at 11 to resist 10 fire, that it takes precedent over the resist 5 fire from versatile resistance.

Basically; if the versatile resistance feat took away your original resistance as you stated (altho possible you just miswrote that), then you'd get 5 fire resistance instead of your original, even if your original was higher.

KlassyReborn

First Post
ok, i was misreading what you were saying, and i thought it said in the lfrpg that the resistance went higher with the levels, but i don't have that on me to confirm, so i'm going to assume you're right.

Remove ads