General Discussion Thread II

Bront

The man with the probe
Do you guys want new HQ and Discussion threads for the new year or no?

I've done them in the other two living worlds, but you guy's don't have the same through traffic.

hero4hire

Explorer
Bront said:
Do you guys want new HQ and Discussion threads for the new year or no?

I've done them in the other two living worlds, but you guy's don't have the same through traffic.

May I humbly suggest tearing down Living Supers and rebuilding it from scratch?

Perhaps a new shiny concept would inspire some activity and garner new interest.

No offense, but at the moment it seems like just a few people left riding a lame horse.

rgordona

Explorer
hero4hire said:
No offense, but at the moment it seems like just a few people left riding a lame horse.

Not sure I quite agree, to me it seems more like a perfectly good horse which has been left out in the pasture, grazing. I doubt if we tore it down we could build something substantially better. I don't see anything major with the setting which is causing problems just general apathy (myself included), and a lack of new blood.

Salix

First Post
MM isn't as popular as the other two games. Makes it hard to maintain momentum. We've never had more than a few games running at a time.

Bront

The man with the probe
I've generaly found that I enjoy M&M more in person that in PbP by quite a bit, and since a lot of it involves some specific GM massaging of how powers interact, limits on characters and such, which is harder to pull off on a more massive scale, it's hard to keep momentem going.

You're free to tear it down if you wish. It was designed to be fairly open with a general lack of a true metaplot, and a sensical way to incorperate a gathering place for heroes and supers, and it was a compromise of consistancy, accaptablity, and what made Real World sence. A different group might go a different direction, but again, I don't think that's realy the big problem.

The big problem is the lack of popularity of M&M compared to that of D&D, and the fact that this is a D&D board first.

That said, this is still the 3rd living world to every see the light of day, and the fact that it's still going is a testemite to something.

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
The big problem is the lack of popularity of M&M compared to that of D&D, and the fact that this is a D&D board first.

That and the difficulty in character creation and approval. Time and difficulty and all the questions on how things work.

Raylis

First Post
Personally I'd be loathe to tear it down and start over; I like the world, the origins are nicely varied and it's simply to join the club.

I feel that trying to start over at this stage would be akin to suicide; it might need a face lift but the foundation is good.

Raylis

First Post
I'm toying with the idea of putting a post up in the talking the talk forum as sort of an add. I have seen an increase in M&M games popping up lately, some of those folks may be interested in playing here as well.

Thoughts?

Bront

The man with the probe
Raylis said:
I'm toying with the idea of putting a post up in the talking the talk forum as sort of an add. I have seen an increase in M&M games popping up lately, some of those folks may be interested in playing here as well.

Thoughts?
You can always try recruiting on other M&M forums too.

Remove ads