• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Nice, very nice. but I was curious as to the area of Tri-Tower. A bit more up close. I wish you could zoom in on that map.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Those are the maps we have, SdW. I started reading through old adventures and making a large scale map of the Venza area and adding other features to maps but I haven't had time to work on it much at all in the past several months. If there is something specific about Tritower area that you need sunshadow and soulnova are the only ones who have done much content creation in that area, iirc.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Venza and Tritower both speak Low Landellian which is the common tongue of the eastern continent. It's possible that there is some remote settlement in the forest or other wilderness locale in that area where Old Landellian is the language. It is my understanding that Old Landellian is spoken in isolated pockets throughout the baronies. As for racial languages, probably enough of the core races scattered about to pick one of them without a problem. Tritower also has a substantial merfolk population, I think.

Systole

First Post
Low Landellian is coastal Landadel. High Landellian is inland Landadel. Middle Landellian is in between. And GE is correct: Old Landellian is spoken in the backwoods regions of Landadel, where there has been little contact with more progressive socieities.

Common is otherwise known as Venzan or Low Landellian, and is spoken in Venza and the surrounding areas, including Tritower. As Venza is the world’s most developed trade center, the Venzan language serves as the default common tongue throughout the known world. Middle Landellian, Old Landellian, and High Landellian are spoken in the Landadel Baronies. Old Landellian tends to be spoken in the more far-flung reaches. Tal Hallow uses High Landellian.

Mr.Tinker

First Post
I have a bunch of questions about spells or formulas, which I am going to use a lot of in the future.

Do spells such as: Alter Self, Beast Shape, Monsterous Humanoid grant the natural attacks of the creature you assume?

Do Transmutations Spells stack, as long as they are not listed as polymorph ?

The enlarge spell takes 1 round to cast, would it take the same time to drink enlarge extracts ?

And I got a question with Monster Feat's.

Can u select monster feats, such as Improved Natural Weapon and Multiattack, even though I do not have natural attacks all the time. For Instance, Mutagens with the Feral Disovery grant me natural attacks for 10min/lvl.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I have a bunch of questions about spells or formulas .. .. ..

if you cast haste ape walk and darkvision, yes they wouls stack.

1. The enlarge spell takes 1 round to cast, would it take the same time to drink enlarge extracts ?

2. Can u select monster feats, such as Improved Natural Weapon and Multiattack, even though I do not have natural attacks all the time. For Instance, Mutagens with the Feral Disovery grant me natural attacks for 10min/lvl.

I believe the answers are yes and yes

Systole

First Post
I have a bunch of questions about spells or formulas, which I am going to use a lot of in the future.

Do spells such as: Alter Self, Beast Shape, Monsterous Humanoid grant the natural attacks of the creature you assume?

The enlarge spell takes 1 round to cast, would it take the same time to drink enlarge extracts ?

Can u select monster feats, such as Improved Natural Weapon and Multiattack, even though I do not have natural attacks all the time. For Instance, Mutagens with the Feral Disovery grant me natural attacks for 10min/lvl.

1. Unless otherwise noted, polymorph spells give natural attacks. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Transmutation
2. Yes, non-polymorph transmutations can be in effect at the same time. This is different from 'stacking,' however.
3. An extract is a subspecies of potion. Drinking a potion is a standard action. Therefore, drinking an extract is a standard action. It doesn't matter what the potion is.
4. It doesn't seem to be written anywhere whether you can or can't take them. However, if you were to take ranger and Natural Weapon style, you would undoubtedly have access to them, so Paizo doesn't seem to think that these feats in the hands of a catfolk or tengu PC would be overpowered, for example. Not that I generally have a lot of faith in their rulings, but in this case I'm inclined to agree. Besides, you can definitely put those feats on eidolons who have access to them 24 hours a day; giving it to an alchemist for an hour a day is demonstrably less powerful than that.

Grayn

First Post
Okay, newb question, does Int modifier (or Cha/Wis respective of class) affect spell damage? I have heard it is added to the roll, but I can't find it in the rules.

Remove ads