• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

elecgraystone

First Post
Well I've got plenty of intrest! :lol: My body just goes on strike every once in a while. The nice thing is that my hospital is upgrading it's internet so if I get some warning I have to go, i can get a room in a part of the hospital with wi-fi and don't have to vanish for a few days.

I think I've got my character pretty much hammered out but I have one last question. How does the synthesist calculate it's saves when merged? I know that you use the summoners mental stats and the physical stats from your summoned creature. Do you take the Eidolon's physical base saves (for CON and DEX) or stick with the summoners base saves?

Satin Knights

First Post
You stick with the summoner's base saves. It makes it interesting. A smart wizard would normally pick a spell requiring a will save for quadruped eidolons because it is their poor save, but that is the good save for a synthesist. A bit of subterfuge can be used if you can talk the barbarian in the party to wearing a glowing rune on his head.

elecgraystone

First Post
Too bad summoners don't have arcane mark. :)

With that answered, I've pretty much got the mechanics down. I just have to finish up my background & find a good eidolon image that'll fit what I'm looking for and is ok to be seen by mixed company.

elecgraystone

First Post
Hmmm... I wonder how much a pet wizard costs... [flips through pages]

I'm finally done with my character and posting it. Boy, that took a lot longer to navigate and type out than I expected. Slow crappy dial-up didn't helo either. Oh well, it's done now. Hopefully I didn't mess up too much. ;)

soulnova

Explorer
Hey guys, what options do I have to make Damaris less squishable? Thoughness? Summon Monster? Leadership at 7th level? Currently she tries to stay in the back as much as she can of course. She doesn't engage on melee unless she's surrounded.

Per background, she IS a delicate pretty thing. I just want to make sure she doesn't get O.H.K.O. as easily later on. lol

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
At this level, a riding dog trained as a guard dog with the Combat Reflexes as his feat. That way he can bite more than one attacker rushing at you. You need to train Handle Animal a bit.

Toughness is always good for the low HD classes.

In a couple levels, a belt of constitution helps a lot.

About 8th - 10th level, Celestial Chain + Celestial Shield. You get overland flight and can stay out of reach of most of the melee ruckus on the ground. The armor is pretty good too. :lol:

jackslate45

First Post
Lack of a positive con score is going to hurt, so toughness is always good. Also, taking your Fc bonus in HP is a slow but steady way to stay alive. My wizard survived an encouter with an ooze because of his high con and FC bonus

Otherwise, make sure there is a d10 hit dice person out in front.

elecgraystone

First Post
Take fast learner. You gain both +1hp AND +1 skill point for favorite class and should be retroactive.
Multiclass into high HP class.
As said above, a combat pet or mount would do wonders.
Anything that buffs CON or AC, like mithral shirts and amulets of nat armor.
Pick up a familar (feat or multiclass)
Wand of false life can give you buffer temp hp when needed.

soulnova

Explorer
Thank you for the suggestions. I can't take Fast Leaner because she had Int 12. It does sounds good.

Ok, in the immediate future I will get a Wand of false life with 8~10 charges. That should last me for the next adventure.

Next level will get the Favored Class Hp and get at least a rank on handle animal. I can't take Fast Leaner because she has Int 12. :(
I'll be getting Invisibility next level so I guess I can still perform and cast most of my spells... that should give me also a lot of more freedom.

Will have to wait for 5th Level to get Toughness. :p

Remove ads