• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
How does the time based advancement work in LPF? I have seen the xp /day chart on the wiki, but I haven't found a chart per level advancement. Is there another progression chart I am missing on the wiki?

We use the Fast Progression listed in the CRB. 1300XP for 2nd level, 3300XP for 3rd, etc...

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Yep, so for every day you're in an active adventure (not RPing in the DWI, etc.) you'll get the TBX and TGB for your current level in addition to encounter XP and treasure.

elecgraystone

First Post
Hello. I was checking out the game and mulling over what I might like to play. I have a question on a summoner [synthesist]. Would it be possible to alter the base form's starting evolutions? I was thinking about a biped but swapping claws for a tail? I can live with the claws but would rather not take them if I could avoid it so I though it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)

Satin Knights

First Post
I am going to say no. The base form free evolutions cannot be changed. Slam has a specific exception that it can replace claws, but still costs the 1 evolution point to do so. As it is, you can still have a tail, as it only costs one point, and you get three at first level. Evolution points are the "precious commodity" of the class, like spells known for a sorcerer. Allowing the seeming innocuous change is effectively giving the character an extra evolution point for free.

jkason

First Post
I'd agree with SK. I think we discussed it at some point in the past and came to the same consensus. The base forms are the base forms, and you have to weigh their inherent evolutions in your choice of form the same way you weigh the inherent properties of a weapon or spell.

elecgraystone

First Post
I am going to say no. The base form free evolutions cannot be changed. Slam has a specific exception that it can replace claws, but still costs the 1 evolution point to do so. As it is, you can still have a tail, as it only costs one point, and you get three at first level. Evolution points are the "precious commodity" of the class, like spells known for a sorcerer. Allowing the seeming innocuous change is effectively giving the character an extra evolution point for free.
Okie dokie, I figured that's be the case. I have another question.

When merged, can you pick up a shield and use it? For example, if I have a darkwood shield, could I pick it up after I summon/merge so I can get the AC bonus (assuming I have arms in that form)?

Second question. What is the expected posting rate, if any? I may not be able to post everyday, so I don't want to hold anyone up.

Third question. I noticed most of the allowed material is 'generic' pathfinder. Is it allowable to propose golorian material? Also, how long after material is out is it ok to start a proposal?That's all I can think of right now. Thanks for the quick reply before.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
1) Yes, you can use a shield. You are sacrificing a natural attack by using that hand/claw to hold the shield though. Considering you are starting bipedal, +1 dex, +2 NA, +2 Imp Nat Armor evolution, +4 mage armor, you can be rocking a 19 AC at first level. The shield may not be necessary.
2) Posting rate depends on the GM. I like the players to be able to post daily. When things are going good I might post 3-4 times a day as a GM. But, I have been known to take 3 days to post when real life wants to interrupt a bit. Every other day is fine for many of the GMs. If you think you can only handle once a week, I am going to suggest that is too slow.
C) We cannot use Golarian places, material, deities or names. We do not have permission to author works with their IP property.
4) Usually a couple of months. If it is one or two pieces from an new book, that can go quicker. But, to review a new book like when Ultimate Magic came out, it took us six months for the judges to get copies and go over them with fine tooth combs. Then again, the Animal Archive took a week. So, it depends.

elecgraystone

First Post
1) Cool on shield use. After reading the rules on summoners, I'm going to go with a quadruped and add arms (can't pounce w/ biped). Even if I add claws on, I can put them on the feet, leaving my hands empty. I thought of this question when trying to figure out what to do with my hands in combat.

SIDENOTE: I've thought about using mage armor, but I'm worried that I'm the only person healing my temp HP. I'm tempted to keep my spells JUST for healing at start.

2) For me, my posting times are at night and the weekends. Days are iffy but doable if it's not a big/long post. For me the issue would be every once in a while I'll be in the hospital for a few days, but that doesn't sound like it'll be a problem.

3) For this I was thinking of things like spells or archtypes. The spell Enlarge Tail from the kobold book seemed like it would be cool combined with a summoner. I've noticed that on d20pfsrd they have a notice that says "The name or some of the content on this page has been slightly edited in order for us to be in compliance with the Pathfinder Compatibility License." So is it cool if there is a name change and/or it's name is generic? Or are you guys just avoiding these kind of products all together?

4)Cool. That gives me a rough guideline. Most of what I can think of off the top of my head would fall under #3, but I am interested in Complete Campaign's traits.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Being in the hospital is a lot more excusable then just disappearing for lack of interest. just sayin. with personal experience.

Remove ads