• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

epicbob

Explorer
Is there another way I can upload a character besides using the Wiki?

The auto-format is determined to make my character sheet into a complete cluster**** and I'm about to Falcon-Punch my monitor.

Aura

Explorer
I'm not sure what specific issue you're having, but my first use of character sheets on the wiki was a bit shaky as well. Can you be more specific as to what is going on?

As an aside, the wiki is one of those things you get the hang of over time. Some people end up doing some rather nice-looking formatting, although I stick to the basics, myself.

epicbob

Explorer
I'm not sure what specific issue you're having, but my first use of character sheets on the wiki was a bit shaky as well. Can you be more specific as to what is going on?

As an aside, the wiki is one of those things you get the hang of over time. Some people end up doing some rather nice-looking formatting, although I stick to the basics, myself.

Basically, I can't even copy the site's own template into the editor without it looking like a can of alphabet soup.

Also, I start typing in a line and the editor arbitrarily cuts the stupid thing in half to start a new line.

EDIT: Also, I just discovered that when I change the browser window's size, the formatting goes to hell.

So yeah, is there no other way?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
What Browser? Are you suing latest version of it?
I use FireFox and have no trouble, but I used to get wonky issues with Internet Explorer at the office.

Satin Knights

First Post
Well, it looks like you got most of it under control. Here are a few tips on the wiki.

a) <pre>text</pre> will put the text in a fixed format like you would expect from PRE tags.
b) In normal mode, if you start the line with a space character, it pushes the formatting into the same fixed format mode, but also allows other things like bold/italics/strike tags. The "starting the line with a space" is the critical part.
c) If the line is started with any other character, it is treated like free flowing html.
d) If the line is empty, it will break two fixed format boxes apart, or put in a separator line between them.
e) Using the Source vs. Visual editor on the top right of the edit box will help immensely to show you the differences in tags and style formats.

Yes, wiki formatting is very ugly and inconsistent. I am an expert and I still get quite annoyed with it. So, if there is something you want, just ask and I will gladly tweak the page to pound it into submission.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Welcome to the madhouse, epicbob! Hope you enjoy it thoroughly and are around for a good long time.

(An aside from the Character Submission thread - we've not, as far as I can recall - talked about changing background from open to closed or vice-versa. My first inclination would be to say it could always be opened later, but could not be closed once it's stated as open. Reason being, if someone's already taken advantage of the open status by linking an adventure or character to it, it could lead to awkwardness. Although, that could be handled on a case by case basis).

epicbob

Explorer
Thanks for the help.

I finally got my sheet in hopeful order (it looks fine on my home PC but it looks like crap on my work PC).

Until I get the go-ahead, I introduced him in the Dunn Wright Inn. Right now, he's waiting for some ale.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads