• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

jkason

First Post
I'm debating a 5th level feat for Ru. I take advantage of his Vanishing Trick a lot, so Extra Ki seems like the best bet (I chose a non-ki burning second trick, as well, to help conserve). But I'm also inclined to use Extra Rogue Talent to give him Canny Observer, bumping his Perception vs traps so it's not quite so sub-par. The 'overhearing conversations' part of the talent also seems to fit with Ru's spy background.

Thoughts? (other than, you know, "roll up another character because this guy is made of lose." ;) ).

GlassEye

Adventurer
Despite being a big rogue fan I'm not a fan of the situational (rarely useful) modifiers of a lot of the rogue/ninja talents. I would probably go for the Extra Ki myself.

Aura

Explorer
I have to agree in a generalized way: situational bonuses are difficult to use, in practice. Unless they are highlighting a conceptual feature of the character, I try to avoid them. I give some exception to substantial situational bonuses--one or two of these isn't too bad and gives a place for your character to shine.

Commander_Fallout

First Post
So, I think I've asked this before, but I don't really remember if I got a good answer. So, I want to convert Samad into more of a ranged character by changing up his feats. I know there are rules for this in the books, but I don't know if they're in effect here (or how they would work in the context of LPF). I think Systole said that we can get a free respec for our characters only once, but I don't think anyone ever seconded him on that and I couldn't find it in the listed rules, so I wasn't sure. :p

GlassEye

Adventurer
It's unofficial only in that the rule isn't posted anywhere but the judges discussed it and came to consensus of one rebuild per character.

BigB

First Post
I am debating how to progress Cruendithas. I like the overall theme and want him to be a collector of magic and magic items with a wide variety (in theory) at his disposal at higher levels. What I struggle with is how to make that happen. I'm not sure if I want to dip into Wizard class or rely on UMD.

Are rings of spell knowledge allowed in LPF?

Thoughts?

jkason

First Post
I know spell knowledge rings are allowed, since I had a character who got one in treasure.

On the dipping, I'm not sure it's worth it. If you're keeping up with your primary casting stat, it seems like you should be okay with UMD for those things that aren't on your list, possibly with a skill feat to bump it?

I'm not a good optimizer, though, so others may have more intelligent things to say on the matter.

I am debating how to progress Cruendithas. I like the overall theme and want him to be a collector of magic and magic items with a wide variety (in theory) at his disposal at higher levels. What I struggle with is how to make that happen. I'm not sure if I want to dip into Wizard class or rely on UMD.

Are rings of spell knowledge allowed in LPF?

Thoughts?

Satin Knights

First Post
I've done it with Kalgor. Basically, you would be gaining 3 cantrips, 4 first level spells per day if you take arcane bond, Spell Focus and a 1st level school power. Taking Transmutation, that can be a +1 STR which is the hardest to acquire otherwise. (It was more useful for Kalgor)

Since the first level spells become less effective over time, you are pushing your character more into the utility role. You only need the wizard for completion activation items, aka scrolls and wands. Those are costly depletions of your finances over time.

I've done it, but most would say it is better to stay single classed.

BigB

First Post
Thanks for the feedback jkason and SK. I think in the long run I would regret trading a level of higher spells and the BAB for more low level spells. Although the +1 ability score with Transmutation is tempting as well as the Magus class has some interesting abilities as well. I think I might try the ring of spell knowledge to add shield to his bard spell list and later web. I think these would really round out the diversity of spells with the bard spell list that would be used by a dungeon delver to seek out artifacts and forgotten magic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads