General Discussion

GlassEye

Adventurer
Can you take weapon focus for ranged touch attacks?

You can take weapon focus for a specific ranged touch attack but not 'ranged touch attack'. So, as Scott says, you'd have to specifically designate 'ray'. The real question is: what spells/abilities qualify as rays? I presume you are asking in reference to Autumn's fire bolt ability. It is a spell-like ability and requires a ranged touch attack so I would say yes, it does.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Those of you familiar with my druid, Autumn Foxfire, I need some help figuring out which way I want to go with my feats.

Natural Caster - seems really important to take as soon as I can

Archer feats - I can go with deadly aim, precise shot, rapid shot weapon focus, things of that sort. Works on firebolts and other ranged touch spells.

Summon feats - spell focus (conjuration), augment summoning. Seems powerful, but I have yet to really delve into druid summoning yet

Spell feats - spell focus, spell penetration, combat casting, things to make casting better.

Additional traits - i accidentally deleted jump from my sheet, so having as a class skill would be nice. Stealth would be nice too. More initiative is never a bad thing either. Plus, I love skills!

Don't really know where to go from here. I really like having well rounded characters, and having a druid who isn't useless in combat and is decently skilled is nice. I'm looking for some input, if the LPF crew wouldn't mind chipping in.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
I thought you were joking a couple of weeks ago when you said you didn't have the jump skill. Jumping is part of Acrobatics, which is a class skill for Autumn with her second trait. So, you do have skill at jumping.

The rest depends on how you see and want to play Autumn. If she's a jack of all trades it doesn't really matter, just pick one and go with it. If she's an archer I would choose precise shot. The others are a bit of a toss-up and depend, again, on how Autumn operates.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Hahahaha. I'm an idiot. I play in a 3.5 game too. And I'm an idiot. She has a friggin' +9! And the jump was only a DC10! Hahahahahahaha!!!!! I was all set to land and cast burning hands on the bunch.

The best part is I roleplayed the failure into a character defining moment!

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
yes, as you see, jump is a separate skill in 3.5, but is integrated into acrobatics in pathfinder.

like GlassEye suggests, and for the same reasons I too recommend precise shot. priceless at lower levels, still valuable in all levels.

Korsakovia

First Post
First, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question. If it is, kindly point me to the correct location. I looked around but did not find quite the area.

The question is this - Is there a role or class people often want to have in a party, but there is never quite enough people playing that slot? I'm returning after a very long hiatus and want to get back into the Living Pathfinder world. I want to build a character that fills a slot that community often finds missing. I'll have fun, don't worry; my greatest joy is a mix of the interaction with people and the community as well as being useful, for lack of a better word. :D

Thank you in advance!

Remove ads