• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Deuce, I think shuriken are treated as ammunition and so I don't think they are a valid target for the Returning enchantment. And according to PFsrd and the Paizo blog a +3 Amulet of Mighty Fists is 36,000 gp (Note: the PRD still has the old, elevated cost of 45,000 gp). I'm pretty sure SK pushed through the new, lower price but I haven't looked it up.

Yep - but a +3 Flaming Amulet is effectively a +4 Amulet, right? Making it 64,000.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Also, even if the Returning Shuriken would work the returning property doesn't allow you to use your full rate of attack with a single weapon, as it doesn't return to you until just before your next turn. You might consider a Blinkback Belt, though, if you're wanting to use a single thrown weapon at your full rate of attacks (have to have the Quick Draw feat as well, of course). You don't need it with Shuriken, though.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Yep - but a +3 Flaming Amulet is effectively a +4 Amulet, right? Making it 64,000.

Yes, but since DT said he only had 40k to work with I didn't bother writing down the more expensive amulet.

DT, I wouldn't worry about missile fire. It would be useful if you had decent options but with the weapons you have available and the recurring cost of magic shuriken I don't believe it is worth it. Winged Boots would be a better option for you. And Flaming is going to become progressively less useful to you as you level. I would recommend a +0 Holy Amulet of Mighty Fists (Total +2, for a cost of 16,000 gp).

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
What do the plus bonuses on a amulet actually improve? Will Lem get a bonus to attack and damage? If so, maybe I should go with a flaming amulet of might fists +2 or a holy amulet of might fists +1. I would want to increase my chance to hit as much as possible.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The pluses modify attack and damage - so yes, a +2 Flaming Amulet, for example, would add 2 to both attack and damage rolls, in addition to the unarmed damage and the flaming damage.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Assuming Francis survives until level 4, and I boost INT from 17 to 18, what kind of bonuses do I get?

Another bonus language?
Retro skill points?
Additional witch familiar spells known?

Would I get more languages every level if I had a headband of vast intelligence with linguistics as a skill?
would I need the list of languages picked ahead of time?

Those headbands don't have to be an INT based skill does it?

Does one have to lay out the gold before buying an item at the Pearl before seeing if it's availabl?

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Hmm. The feat to do that is banned, and it's not listed elsewhere, from what I can tell, in lists of potential enchantments on an item. So I don't think so.

However, if all you want is your weapon to be a holy symbol, just add in the holy symbol cost to the weapon. I've seen this on other people's characters.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Assuming Francis survives until level 4, and I boost INT from 17 to 18, what kind of bonuses do I get?

Another bonus language?
Retro skill points?
Additional witch familiar spells known?

Would I get more languages every level if I had a headband of vast intelligence with linguistics as a skill?
would I need the list of languages picked ahead of time?

Those headbands don't have to be an INT based skill does it?

Does one have to lay out the gold before buying an item at the Pearl before seeing if it's availabl?

First, your INT modifier would increase to +4 from +3. That change includes a number of things including retro skill points, bonus spells, etc. I presume that would also affect spells and languages known but another judge might need to speak up on that one.

Headbands of Intelligence with linguistics should give you a new language each time you level. I'm not sure that you would need to keep a list of the languages ahead of time. That just sounds like too much bookkeeping to me and we have more than enough of that already. And, no, as far as I can tell the skill for headbands does not need to be an INT based skill.

It's not necessary to buy an item when you check to see if it is available but if you don't buy within the same post you'll have to roll again to see if it is available. It could have been purchased by someone else (NPC) between the time you check and the time you lay out the gold.

Remove ads