• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Wow, I didn't even think of using it on giants. 2 1st level spells to completely ruin a fire giants armour? Or their sword? Heheh, awesome. Ok, just changed my mind. I would love to meet your evoker as soon as possible for that spell.

Sorry, fellas. Medium or smaller objects only for this spell...

Sezarious

Explorer
It could be a really nasty spell to use twice in a round with the quicken meta magic feat. Casting at a slot higher, it's actually more potent than shatter really, given it can target magic items. I say, cast it twice at an enemy wizards spell component pouch, or twice at an enemy clerics holy symbol. Wouldn't work as well against fighters, obviously you want to hit their will saves.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Ah the learning curve! I'd been doing so well by not 'following' and then before I hit {Quote Reply}, I thought I had better check...and saw the page had other quoted replies...in hindsight the logic that DWI is an IC area should have clued me in.

Irony is my reply did not require a quote ;)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Ah the learning curve! I'd been doing so well by not 'following' and then before I hit {Quote Reply}, I thought I had better check...and saw the page had other quoted replies...in hindsight the logic that DWI is an IC area should have clued me in.

Irony is my reply did not require a quote ;)
there is also, "Ask an old timer thing" You can try too.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John needs some help (assuming he keeps on living). He is a social little rogue who is multi-classing into a witch. He rides a war pig because he is typically useless in combat, but he needs some ranks in Handle Animal and Ride. Pretty much the face of a party/debuffer.

Current Feats:

Skill Focus (CR): Bluff +3
Taunt (APG): Use bluff as intimidate to demoralize
Alertness (CR): Perception/Sense Motive +2 by familiar

Current Traits:

Fast Talker (Social): Bluff +1
Well-Informed (Halfling): Diplomacy/K. Local +1

My questions:

1. Is taking Animal Affinity (+2 to HA and Ride) worth it? I'm guessing not.... I could take the Extra Traits feat and select two general traits and make them class skills right? Maybe take the Animal Affinity at a later point in time.

I've learned that multi-classing into a full caster isn't the most wise decision, but I'm ok with that. Francis John III also would adore having access to Prestidigitation as a cantrip. That being said, what is a better trait?

Two-World Magic [magic] - gives access to Prestidigitation (Or should I just buy a wand?)
Focused mind [magic] - +2 concentration
Magical Knack [magic] - +2 witch caster level

Reactionary [combat] is always good. - +2 Initiative

Sorry this is just a pile of jarbled mess. Tough organizing my thoughts on this one.

Magical Knack seems really nice for multi-classing, but getting prestidigitation seems nice too. Nobody ever minds more concentration though.... And how do I fit getting better at animals in there.

Other thoughts I want to improve. More bluff. Always more bluff. More hexes. More languages. Blah!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Seeking advice, for Lem the Cook. I have nearly 40k gold coins to spend, and he currently possesses an Amulet of Mighty Fists +0, fire and Bracers of Armor +2 and Belt of Giant Strength +2. I was thinking of increasing the amulet and going with a Amulet of Mighty Fists +2 or +3 (fire), but I'm finding it hard to determine the cost.

I was also thinking of just bumping them up to +1, but then purchasing a Shuriken of Returning +1; Flaming Burst for just over 32k. As always, willing to listen to advice.

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Lem_the_Cook_(Deuce_Traveler)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Deuce, I think shuriken are treated as ammunition and so I don't think they are a valid target for the Returning enchantment. And according to PFsrd and the Paizo blog a +3 Amulet of Mighty Fists is 36,000 gp (Note: the PRD still has the old, elevated cost of 45,000 gp). I'm pretty sure SK pushed through the new, lower price but I haven't looked it up.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads