General Discussion

Systole

First Post
A 1st level fighter is going to get destroyed by a CR5 encounter. A 1st level wizard -- or any back-of-the-party type -- is going to have a much higher survivability.

And a 1st level wizard brings a huge amount to even a level 3 party if properly specced, by which I mean a controller/buffer. Enlarge Person, Grease, Obscuring Mist, Color Spray ... all of these things mean that a 1st level wizard could potentially be the single most useful person in a 3rd level party. Take a look at Harkoz for a good example.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Hey, guys.

Got two pieces of book keeping to deal with here.

1.) Now that the adventure is considered closed, pending final posting by the GM for rewards, I am going to be retiring Audra Frost from active game play. Presumably she will be assisting her brother and continuing her work within the Diamond Heart.

2.) Created a wizard to replace her with but not been getting the warmest reception to the idea, so unless anyone is interested in picking him up, I am also retiring/Level 1 Ricaul Dulaana ( http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Ricaul_Dulaana_(Artur_Hawkwing)).

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
To [MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION]: your privet messages are so full of nonsense privet messages from me, that I can't send another one to you!

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Question for the judges (and I am fully expecting the answer to be a flat out "no"), but can I introduce my replacement for Tonris in the Dunn Wright Inn as a Non-Player Character until such time as Tonris is ready to be retired? Meaning she won't gain experience, and won't go on adventures. I am merely thinking of her as a scenery and exposition device until such time as Tonris is ready to be retired.

And this is assuming I get her finished up before my current adventure with Tonris is finished.
I am going to change my vote on this to "no" if I feel that Tonris and Fae'shiel are being neglected while you post in the DWI though.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I am not really trying to neglect either of them. I just posted for Fae'shiel. As for Tonris, he has had nothing useful to contribute to the discussion. Keep in mind he is a nuker, not a front line fighter. He will support the group to the best of his ability when the time comes and if spoken to he will respond in kind. But he is not a tactician and as such is not gifted with coming up with detailed plans of assault on a heavily entrenched enemy. So he is leaving the planning phase to people who have more experience with that.

As for Lyrra, I am trying to establish her character sufficiently that I know how to roleplay her when I actually do activate her as a playable character. I don't really want to fall into the same mistakes I made with Fae'shiel, Tonris and Veniarus when it comes to having no establishing roleplay moments for those characters and as such not having a real idea of the personality of the character.

I hope that makes some sort of sense? I apologize if it seems like I am neglecting my active characters, but keep in mind that not everyone is going to post for every one of their characters every single day. We don't all have that kind of devotion Perrin. I do what I can when I can, but sometimes posting one or two characters at a time across all the boards I post on is about all I can do. Also the games I am in with you are not my only games.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
I am officially tendering my resignation from Living Pathfinder. I apologize to those players whose groups I am abandoning. But it is quite clear that I am unwelcome in this playgroup any longer due to my apparent inability to play well with others (most notably the Judges). I really wish it hadn't come to this, but things happening in Darkness Rising have come to a head, and if I stay any longer I fear that my characters will all get "Meteor's to the Head" as a friend of mine on another forum used to say. So I am going to retire my 2 active characters and opt to not officially activate any new ones.

I apologize to the group in the Forge of Fury most of all, because I really wanted to conclude that adventure with them, and I wanted desperately to develop the relationship between Fae'shiel and Marcus. But I do not believe I can participate in this campaign setting any longer. I will still be posting on En'world from time to time, but I think this is the last game on this site that I am ever going to play in. This was a wonderful place to game, for a while, and I will miss it. I hope you all fair well in the future.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am trying to find the most up to date detailed map of E'n. I was asked to help with some ideas, but need to see what is most accurate.

Also I wonder if making that map available to nubies might be helpful?

Remove ads