General movie discussion

Went and saw Everything Everywhere All at Once this past Saturday night. It was excellent. Great absurdist sci-fi kung fu parallel reality sci-fi family drama with heart. Michelle Yeoh remains everything I could ask for. Stephanie Hsu and Ke Huy Quan were outstanding. The rest of the supporting cast were great too. Jamie Lee Curtis really taking it over the top, and James Hong always wonderful to see.

I got to see it over the Easter weekend, really enjoyed the surreal nature of the film.
I found it surprisingly emotional, despite it's absurdity. I thought it was an improvement on Swiss Army Man, (although I did enjoy that too), although it's equally hard to explain to someone what the film is about.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I used to know a bunch of the folks in the Full Body Cast that performed Rocky Horror over by Harvard Square. I think the cast is performing somewhere around Boston Commons now...
I used to be friends with a bunch of the cast folks in the late 90s, and regularly attend parties at Oakwire in Somerville that the cast would show up to as the second or third wave of attendees on Friday and Saturday nights after Rocky.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Any movie theater snackers here? What are the things you always like to get? Any odd favorites like nachos?

For me, I used to love buttered popcorn, but now I find the quality of the corn and the liquid butter oil to be unappetizing. For probably the last 5-10 years I usually dont get anything and just watch the flick. If im on the right side of town I'll go to the second run theater that has great corn and real butter topping. Thats like maybe once a year tho.

Any movie theater snackers here? What are the things you always like to get? Any odd favorites like nachos?

Milk Duds. It's a candy made for slow eating.

The theatre I used to frequent pre-COVID had a 5 Below about a block away with a huge candy section at the front. They knew their target market.

For me, I used to love buttered popcorn, but now I find the quality of the corn and the liquid butter oil to be unappetizing. For probably the last 5-10 years I usually dont get anything and just watch the flick. If im on the right side of town I'll go to the second run theater that has great corn and real butter topping. Thats like maybe once a year tho.
Red vines

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Many years ago, I was all about the Nestle bunch a crunch. Dump it right into the bucket of popcorn and go.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases