• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #15

Agamon

Adventurer
"For what it's worth, I apologize, sir," Anika tells Paragon, shamefully. "I should have known you weren't a part of this. I'll accept whatever repercussions you believe should come of this. And despite that, thanks for giving us the green light to try and find James. We'll get him back."

She simply gives Commander Hughes a dismissive snort. Maybe Ryan's cockiness was rubbing off on her, but maybe not. With the heavyweights on their side, especially if she let Bishop back out, the result would be fairly one-sided, anti-tank missiles or no, that was fairly plain.

"Wow, we try to help a friend and all of a sudden we're completely irresponsible and won't take orders? It's like you know us so well,"
she says sarcastically to Clover. "Look, I know helping us is probably low on your list of priorities, but honestly, you're our best chance at finding James right now. He could be infected with who-knows-what, and the sooner we find him, the better it is for everybody. But we can do it without you, so don't confuse this with coercion, we're not holding a gun to your head."

Samnell

Explorer
"It would seem that there was a communications erorr," Mark can almost see the air quotes around the last two words. "If you return now with Bishop there should be no ramifications to your actions."

Mark nodded to himself. So someone is trying to isolate Paragon from the chain of command and frame us up. Great. Well, at least he's not firing me.

Agamon said:
"For what it's worth, I apologize, sir," Anika tells Paragon, shamefully. "I should have known you weren't a part of this. I'll accept whatever repercussions you believe should come of this. And despite that, thanks for giving us the green light to try and find James. We'll get him back."

"Me too," Mark agreed. "And thanks." Let's get out of here before something else goes wrong.

"Let's move out."

Shalimar

First Post
"Do you really believe they have those facilities?" she asks Clover, "To say it in the commander's words, he is a vital military objective to them. Not a human being, an object, a weapon. They don't care about his well being..."

"I think you are missinterpriting the statement, getting James contained is a vital military objective. The longer he is free the greter chance there is of him spreading a human killing virus. Stopping him from doing such is the major objective of this operation. Look, I don't know James, but I'm more concerned with the well being of all the people he could be infecting with the virus than with his personal health." Clover tells Karen honestly.

"Anika, unless you or that Gilden kid can magic him healthy again its better for the UNJE to find him since they have the labs and the scientsts that Legacy doesn't. Not that that isn't all academic since he is teleporting around the globe every few seconds, there is no way anyone but another teleporter could keep up, and the teleporter would have to be carrying me or Sariyah to know where to go and we'd need a way to disrupt his powers to stop him from just teleporting away again. If you guys can do any of that, yea, I'll help since the less time he is out there possibly infecting people the better, but if you can't, leave it to the people who can."

Agamon

Adventurer
"So, are you saying we should disregard orders again?" Anika replies, shaking her head. "If he's teleporting around like that, it's probably disoreintation. He'll eventually come to his senses, or at least tire out. Until then, we can go to where he's been and try to find out what's going on. When he does finally stop, you don't need to come with us if you're afraid you'll catch something. But I was around him while he was sick, and I'm pretty sure I didn't catch anything, so I wouldn't worry too much." She shrugs. "Like I said, your choice."

Tokiwong

First Post
KaintheSeeker said:
Cassie

Lurking in the upper shadows of the shaft, Cassie watches the soldiers guarding the entrance. She pulls a small coin out of her belt and thinks for a moment. With her talents she could hit one with the force of a bullet with the coin. Or, she mused, she could be a bit more subtle.

A flick of her wrist sends the coin down the shaft and richocet off a pylon halfway down the shaft.
The UNJE soldiers pause and look down the shaft, curiously before looking up. They look back down again not noticing the stealthy elite hiding above the entrance.

Outside

“Anika get a portal going, you need to leave here now,” Paragon orders.

Commander Hughes adds, “Hmmph, this is a mistake but I won’t stop you, not that I currently have the means to do so. But there will come a day when your recklessness will cost more lives then you intend to save.”

The aerodynes become visible dropping lines for the soldiers to attach themselves to and be pulled up into the aircraft. The Commander turns to Paragon, “Oh and my men found your wayward student, Cassandra Prophet, hiding in the elevator shaft. I wonder how she got all the way out here?”

Paragon stays silent.

Back at the Institute

“Are they returning?” Mrs. Obana asks.

Agamon

Adventurer
"Alright, hopefully Gilden is willing to help now that the mission is official. He might be able to find James," Anika says, before recreating her portal back to the institute.

"Cassie is here?" she says, surprised.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
"Alright, hopefully Gilden is willing to help now that the mission is official. He might be able to find James," Anika says, before recreating her portal back to the institute.

"Cassie is here?" she says, surprised.
Paragon quips, "Official is a strong word, I wouldn't assume that you have the official backing of the UNJE until I sort things out. But James needs our help now, so handle it."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Of course, it couldn't be me that can fix James up. Of course not, Ryan thinks with his customary sarcastic gesture. "Gilden's a coward," he mutters. Oh, and Cassie's here. With Pantheon. Am I surprised? No. Of course, these idiots will probably assume she's some kind of prisoner, and actually trust her.

Hopefully Cardinal didn't offer the number two spot to Cassie...that would really diminish my previous job offer. Heh. So the idiot doesn't go with Cardinal during the attack, when it would actually make sense to do so, but instead seeks her out after the attack is over?

"In between our powers and some people we know who are currently unconnected to the UN, we should be able to help James. It's not like they were able to help James before his disease mutated, so why the hell would they be able to now?"

"And why would we be heading back to the Institute? There's a Pantheon base right here...you know, the same guys who blew up our home and killed millions of people today? The place where they kept James, that might hold people who know what's going on? Hell, if Bishop was telling the truth, Anika, you could just grab the body of the teleport redirector and we could stop James that way. In any case, there's valuable intel down there for the taking."

Cassie

As soon as the soldiers look away and back down the shaft, Cassie moves. Leaping down behind them she sprints for the exit, her eyes skimming over the landscape for a hint of cover as she sidesteps out of the line of sight of the two soldiers behind her. Now she had the hard mission, get clear of the combat zone without being notice.

Shalimar

First Post
"You may have been able to be around James before and not catch anything, but if Cardinal designed and infected him with a base-line killing virus assuming that you wont catch that and become carriers now is reckless." Clover answers, shrugging. She turns to her father "Care to offer any advice? I can help anyone track James, and at the moment minimizing his exposure to non-elites is critical."

Remove ads