• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #15

Shalimar

First Post
"Not everyone can be a soldier, even elites. Trying to force it will just send them over to Pantheon, or Bishop's movement. I would just go after members of Pantheon. With Sariyah's power, or if I could learn to permanently copy it, with me the UNJE woud be able to locate Pantheon members and systematically hnt down each and every member of the group. Once the major players are gone, offer probation to the minor members, the ones that will be joining Pantheon out of fear for their lives from base-lines over what's happened."

"I'd assauge peoples' fears by apprehending or neutralizing Cardinal and her inner circle, the people actually responsible. Not by rounding up scapegoats, whats next? Looking to the Germans for some ideas? Grandpa Elric would have something to say bout that" Clover says, naming her father's own grandfather who had been a Officer in the RAF during world war II. "We are not Pantheon, we do not resort to state sponsored terrorism to get our way. Once you cross that line, once you blacken the cloth, it wont be white again. There is no bleach for the soul dad or for honor, you taught me that." Sighing, Clover sits down and puts her back up against one of the walls.

"Are mom and Mustang ok?"

Mimic

First Post
Agamon said:
"Gods, Mark and Cassie and Karen and Ryan, they don't know...Gilden, you have to tell them, too!" She shakes her head and concentrates on getting everyone present out of harms way. It was the best she could do...hopefully the others were able to get themselves to safety.

"Cassandra? What is she... never mind we don't have the time for questions. Move quickly save as many as you can and be carefull." Gilden responds as he breaks the connection only to reconnect with Mark. "Be warned there is an incoming Orbital strike coming in under 2 minutes." He will quickly shut down the connection and repeat the process with the others.

Once that is done, he will turn to Jun Min. "Cassandra is there as well."

Agamon

Adventurer
Mimic said:
"Cassandra? What is she... never mind we don't have the time for questions. Move quickly save as many as you can and be carefull."

"I'll see you soon," Anika mentally replies, not sure if Gilden caught it. Her portal always seemed to take a while to complete, but it felt like an eternity this time. But she was calmer now, the shock from the info Gilden gave her subsiding, determination taking its place.

"No problem. Open the portal, get everyone through. More than enough time for that. Gilden's warning the others, they can get away from here in time. No problem," she thinks to herself.

As the portal nears completion, she looks back at her teammates. "Get everyone in line and ready to go! We're almost ready!"

Samnell

Explorer
Mimic said:
"Cassandra? What is she... never mind we don't have the time for questions. Move quickly save as many as you can and be carefull." Gilden responds as he breaks the connection only to reconnect with Mark. "Be warned there is an incoming Orbital strike coming in under 2 minutes." He will quickly shut down the connection and repeat the process with the others.

Without stopping, Mark made a check of the terrain, trying to see if things were going to level out in the distance, or if he'd be better off running back over the broken ground to Anika's portal.

Aenion

First Post
Mimic said:
"Be warned there is an incoming Orbital strike coming in under 2 minutes." He will quickly shut down the connection and repeat the process with the others.

What?! Less than two minutes?! How? He said 5 minutes, Karen sends back a panicked shout, "We have to go right now. Is anyone else down here?" she asks again with even more urgency.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
What?! Less than two minutes?! How? He said 5 minutes, Karen sends back a panicked shout, "We have to go right now. Is anyone else down here?" she asks again with even more urgency.
The rhino woman looks at Ryan and then Karen flexing, her muscles tensing for a fight. She glares at Ryan, “Inject? I no understand?”

A disembodied voice speaks, “Looks like the UNJE sent in their second stringers and here I thought we would get paragon or at least the Justice Elite instead we get the kids… well if you blokes are itching for a fight then…”

Another identical voice speaks also invisible, “Now that is hysterical, bloody funny that is… we are all going to die… and you just came down here to help us… you traitors to the one true race… bloody funny that is.”

Clover

“I am not forcing anyone to do anything, the lines are drawn. Debating that fact is pointless,” her father replies.

“Elite abilities are not infallible, and to rely on them as our only method of investigation is suicidal,” he does glare at her for her further comments, “you might want to watch your tongue there, because you are going to say a few things that you will regret.”

“I won’t debate this with you, Clover. There is nothing glamorous or righteous about armed conflict, at the end of the day it comes down to killing your enemy before they kill you,” he takes a seat.

The pilot speaks over the cabin communication’s line, “ETA to Forward site Bravo is 3 minutes.”

Commander Hughes speaks out loud, “The UNJE is not the enemy, even if your so-called friends believe that to be so.”

Gilden

Jun Min sighs, “That girl… I have jumped through more hoops for her then she will ever know. Forget her, she wants nothing to do with us and we can’t waste time trying to protect her. Gadget, I am not sure what you plan to do, but thank you for helping me.”

Gadget smiles, “Are you leaving now too?”

“I don’t think I have much of a choice,” Jun Min replies with a half-hearted smile. She turns to Gilden, “What are you going to do?”

Tina shrugs, “I don’t know… I am not sure what I can do.”

“Only thing you can do… is do what you think is right,” Jun Min adds.

Rest of Legacy

The baselines follow direction easily enough or as best as they can understand them. Sami speaks to Anika, “These men are criminals, why not let them suffer their fate… they would not do the same for us, why help them?”

Kiyana replies, “We are better then that, our job is to help people! Right?”

Sami growls, “Some people are not worth helping…”

Mark

Mark looks for an easier path back but in the essence of expediency races back the way he came, finding his friends standing and arguing around the portal. And time is growing slim…

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Mark looks for an easier path back but in the essence of expediency races back the way he came, finding his friends standing and arguing around the portal. And time is growing slim…

"Notimegetthroughnow!" Mark followed his own advice, not waiting for an answer.

Cassie frowns as she watches Mark dash back towards the base, and if she believed in any of the creationist myths she had read of she'd pray that he would be okay. Most likely he'd be more likely to survive than she would. She was faster than any Olympic athlete, but she'd never been trained for avoiding an orbital strike. She concentrated on the rocky terrain, most likely she could find something to get behind from the ground wave, then it would come time for her to find the UN forward base or some other way out of the country.

Hammerhead

Explorer
He cut two minutes off the time, instead of just one? That empty-headed uniformed monkey...he's on the list. Prepare for an ass-kicking.

"You know, I would assume that by your reaction, you don't intend to cooperate with the nice Elites who are offering you a chance to escape with your miserable lives. Just so we're clear," Ryan explains, moving slowly so that he can fly directly up the elevator shaft, "We don't need to help you. In a couple of minutes, the UN's gonna hit with this place with a nice bomb or two, which will probably kill you. And just to make sure, I'm going to flood your entire complex with poisonous gas and then seal your only exit shut," Ryan says harshly. "So...samples of virus, prisoners, teleport redirecter guy. Answer my questions."

Second stringers? You thinks punks like you are going to impress me? I helped kill Genocide. The worst case scenario here is that Karen stops being such a damn wimp...you think having Chicago wiped out would make her a little more willing to use the necessary measures.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
The baselines follow direction easily enough or as best as they can understand them. Sami speaks to Anika, “These men are criminals, why not let them suffer their fate… they would not do the same for us, why help them?”

Kiyana replies, “We are better then that, our job is to help people! Right?”

Sami growls, “Some people are not worth helping…”

Anika is shocked speechless by what Sami says. "What...? You...you don't really mean that, do you?" she asks, looking incredibly hurt by his words.

She almost doesn't notice Mark's return. "We're getting..." She doesn't get to finish that thought before he races through the portal. "Ladies and gentlemen, our heroic leader," she says snidely, no longer in a very good mood. "He's right. Everybody get the hell through, we're running short on time."

She looks back at the entry to the building as she waits for everyone to get through the portal. "Gods, I hope the others will be okay..."

Remove ads