Generation Legacy Issue #15

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
“Is that your excuse?” Paragon replies incredulously. He pauses putting a hand to head, “Commander is Bishop down, if so capture him for transport…”

"It's not a-"

“WHAT! I did not authorize usage of that level of weaponry, where are these orders coming from! Commander, stand down immediately… damn it Mark, come with me, this whole mission has gone south,” with a pulse of energy he is gone flying back out of the hallway towards the commander.

"Great," Mark told the space Paragon had just vacated. Let's see what other way I can find to screw up my life today. James probably wasn't in any danger at all...from the UN. Anika just overreacted and Ryan... Why knows why Ryan does anything? Maybe he just figured it would annoy us.

And I'm still going to run after him and make things worse. Or at least find out that things are worse. I think I made more sense on drugs. Does this country have a pool?

With a sigh, Mark sped after Paragon.

“I am still in charge here,” Paragon replies coolly, “Commander.”

Is he? With how today is going he'll end up on our side, but the UN will nuke everyone from space.

Anika closes the portal and looks at Ryan, but says nothing as she flies and back into view of the others. Spotting Paragon, she lands near him. She didn't speak to him with the usual formailty and respect. "What is going on? Who is that woman you left in charge at the institute? What was going to be used to kill Bishop and why kill him? And were you actually going to kill James, or did that bitch lie to us?"

Oh perfect. Wonderful. Good. She can do the damn talking. Let someone else piss Paragon off. I've done enough. Wait- The liaison back home told them James was going to die? We were sent here. Somebody must have planned this.

"I think we got some very bad information," Mark told no one in particular. Or Paragon's out of the loop. Which would also be very bad information.

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Anika closes the portal and looks at Ryan, but says nothing as she flies and back into view of the others. Spotting Paragon, she lands near him. She didn't speak to him with the usual formailty and respect. "What is going on? Who is that woman you left in charge at the institute? What was going to be used to kill Bishop and why kill him? And were you actually going to kill James, or did that bitch lie to us?"
Paragon does not lose his cool under the assault of questions, derisions, and comments. He pauses taking a slight breath, “I never intended to murder James, and these men were under strict orders to subdue and detain any Pantheon operatives, resorting to lethal force as a last resort. Or if conventional weaponry proved ineffective; I can’t get any deeper than that. Now as I told Mark, this team should be on its way to Chicago if not already there, the fact that you disobeyed orders no matter how noble the motivation you still broke protocol.”

“If Clover’s intelligence is correct then we can add aiding and abetting a known international fugitive, murderer and all around Renaissance man of mayhem to the list of infractions,” Commander Hughes adds, “Anika where have you hidden Bishop?”

“I wasn’t finished Commander Hughes, your actions beg the question of just who you are taking orders from and why I was not fully informed on all the small details. If this is anyway tied to the misconduct of Mrs. Obana back at the institute as Legacy claims then I will have your commission and her job by the morning,” Paragon replies rubbing his bald head.

“That information is classified sir,” the commander replies.

“Mark I have one last order for you, take your team and get out of here. Track James down, while I handle some business back at the Institute,” Paragon orders.

“You are going to let them go? This is against regulations, who are you to make blanket pronouncements like that! Men, belay that order-”

“I am Paragon, and if you intend to stop them you will have to get through me. And then deal with them, and despite all your scenarios Commander, Legacy won’t be nearly as forgiving as I will be. Stand down, before you start to piss me off bloke,” Paragon replies.

Meanwhile inside the Bunker

Cassie forces the doors open with her brute strength and then uses her nimble agility to ascend the shaft upwards. She is silent as she moves upward reaching the elevator doors ripped open by Paragon earlier. Three men in UNJE hard suits stand at the entrance but none seem to notice the stealthy weapon in their midst.

Tokiwong

First Post
Mimic said:
"You are correct as usual, Jun Min. As much as I would like to it would be wrong to pull out the information without due reason." Gilden replies mentally while still scowling at Mrs. Obana

"Since it was the communication systems failure, although I would think that Gadget would disagree, I don't see why the others should be condemned for their actions. After all, like you said the big picture is stopping the Red Witch and the UNJE will need all the help they can get. Not to mention the public relations nightmare that would come with the dismissal/punishment of most of the Legacy team. Wouldn't you agree Ms. Obana?"
“I agree and if Legacy returns here of their own accord with Bishop, then I think we can find an amicable solution to all of these problems. But if they continue to run, hide Bishop, or even worse attack UNJE assets this will only serve to undermine their position. I fear that they are paving a road to hell, and there is precious little that can be done to stop them. Legacy is a dysfunctional although elite fighting unit capable of great success despite themselves. I want to focus on the big picture but when the UNJE has to allocate funds and resources to cover for Legacy the main focus becomes lost in the minutiae of containing a rogue military unit with the power to collapse world governments at their finger tips. I am not saying that Legacy will resort to this, but we have to be prepared that Legacy may not wish to return, and then what?” Mrs. Obana replies.

“I trust them, they will do the right thing,” Jun Min replies.

“That still remains to be seen, but I hope you are correct,” the UNJE exec adds.

Shalimar

First Post
"I guess this is your Burn Notice Paragon. Part or all of the UNJE wants you out, so your being left out of the loop and actively being interfered with by that Obana woman and whoever she can control or is controlling her. Legacy was lied to so that they'd go AWOL and possibly start a fight with UNJE assests getting all of them imprisoned, or at the very best making them outlaws and fugitives."

"Someone may be trying to clear house of Elites after Pantheon's attack. They may not trust Elites anymore. Bloody hell!"
she curses, the last part under her breath, not liking the way things are going, Paragon was right, if they wanted to Legacy could tell her dad''s detachment to sod off and mop them up in detail. She wished that she dared to let go of Sariyah's power so that she could get a good read on her father and on Paragon.

Cassie

Lurking in the upper shadows of the shaft, Cassie watches the soldiers guarding the entrance. She pulls a small coin out of her belt and thinks for a moment. With her talents she could hit one with the force of a bullet with the coin. Or, she mused, she could be a bit more subtle.

A flick of her wrist sends the coin down the shaft and richocet off a pylon halfway down the shaft.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"I guess this is your Burn Notice Paragon. Part or all of the UNJE wants you out, so your being left out of the loop and actively being interfered with by that Obana woman and whoever she can control or is controlling her. Legacy was lied to so that they'd go AWOL and possibly start a fight with UNJE assests getting all of them imprisoned, or at the very best making them outlaws and fugitives."

"Someone may be trying to clear house of Elites after Pantheon's attack. They may not trust Elites anymore. Bloody hell!"
she curses, the last part under her breath, not liking the way things are going, Paragon was right, if they wanted to Legacy could tell her dad''s detachment to sod off and mop them up in detail. She wished that she dared to let go of Sariyah's power so that she could get a good read on her father and on Paragon.
Paragon just gives Clover an incredulous look, but dismisses her by focusing on the Commander.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Renaissance man of mayhem? Damn that sounds cool. I'm jealous.

"Could you stop us from leaving if you really wanted to, Hughes?" Bring. It. On.

"You know, Paragon, giving us orders like that means that we're not AWOL or anything (although we really couldn't be since we're not military), but instead doing our job and standing up to some rogue faction within the United Nations. You know, so no negative repercussions once we've sorted this thing out," Ryan adds with a smile.

"You know, Clover, if they're burning Paragon in some kind of power play, what chance do you think you have of making a career in the UNJE?"

Mimic

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“I trust them, they will do the right thing,” Jun Min replies.

“That still remains to be seen, but I hope you are correct,” the UNJE exec adds.

"One moment and I will contact them and inform them of the error." He says making a few subtle gestures sending out a quick mental message to Mark.

"It would seem that there was a communications erorr," Mark can almost see the air quotes around the last two words. "If you return now with Bishop there should be no ramifications to your actions."

Shalimar

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Could you stop us from leaving if you really wanted to, Hughes?"

"No, with Paragon and Legacy they probably couldn't stop you, even if I helped them and was copying Paragon's powers. That is probably why someone might fear and want to get rid of you guys, Legacy pretty much does whatever it wants, and makes no bones about not caring for orders."

"If the base lines are trying to purge the UNJE of Elites, odds of a career aren't too great, then again they may just be purging wild elements. Helping Bishop escape isn't something I'd do either way, and you guys don't have the ability to treat James, abilities the UN does have."

Aenion

First Post
"Maybe it was an overstatement, but he still is our best link to Pantheon," Karen replies to Ryan.

AWOL? How can I be AWOL or breaking protocol? I'm a civilian... If they're trying to get rid of Paragon, this could be worse than it looks. I might not like Paragon much, but this commander is following orders without the least bit of common sense, she positions herself near Anika, in case things went wrong, "If the UNJE is intent on winning the war with Pantheon, you shouldn't be working so hard to get rid of valuable allies," she tells the commander. She didn't want this to escalate into a battle, but she was more ready for a fight then ever.

"Do you really believe they have those facilities?" she asks Clover, "To say it in the commander's words, he is a vital military objective to them. Not a human being, an object, a weapon. They don't care about his well being..."

Last edited:

Remove ads