• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #9 "Innocence Lost" - Part 3

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
Once Anika appears with Mark, Gadget and Nighchild, she starts to speak frantically, "Guys? Ryan turned himself in? What's going on? The cops are going to blame him for protecting the city?"
Mark blinks when Anika appears out of nowhere.

"I guess so. Just heard."

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
She looks over at Cantrip. "Where is the prison?"

Nightchild cuts in, “He is at the Police Department not far from here, holding him there in custody until they can move him to a more secure location later this evening. I was going to head down there; but I figured you know him best you should come with me.”

Cantrip nods, “Alright well let go, Ryan does not fully understand some of the aspects of our world...”

Nightchild nods, “Yeah there was a time that superheroes were nearly outlawed… we don’t want that to happen again.”

Nightchild starts walking, expecting the others to follow.

In the Park

Kal smiles, “I wouldn’t worry Aegis and the Freedom League are the best our world has to offer. Besides no one can beat Paragon, he is the best. If they can’t do it… I am not sure who could…”

Yoshi grins, “Relax Cassie, you are being all dramatic again. I am not telling to to stay out of the way and be quiet but a person has to want to help before they accept it. You have done more then your share to try and help Ryan… it is time the jerk-ass wise up and figure things out on his own.”

Yoshi wraps an arm around her as they walk, “Besides I wish you worried about me as much as you did Ryan…” Yoshi says somewhat concerned.

Tokiwong said:
In the Park

Kal smiles, “I wouldn’t worry Aegis and the Freedom League are the best our world has to offer. Besides no one can beat Paragon, he is the best. If they can’t do it… I am not sure who could…”

Yoshi grins, “Relax Cassie, you are being all dramatic again. I am not telling to to stay out of the way and be quiet but a person has to want to help before they accept it. You have done more then your share to try and help Ryan… it is time the jerk-ass wise up and figure things out on his own.”

Yoshi wraps an arm around her as they walk, “Besides I wish you worried about me as much as you did Ryan…” Yoshi says somewhat concerned.
"Like I need to." Cassie says with a smile as she snuggles into his arm. "You've proven yourself quite adept at getting out of your funks and foul moods.. I think the longest one I've seen last on you was like..what? 20 seconds? You're the eternally cheerful boyfriend..the superspeed is just your secondary power."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
"Sarcasm is really not your strongpoint," Chaos replies.

"Everyone keeps on telling me that. It's really hurting my self-esteem."

Tokiwong said:
"Odds? They are high... but it is your purpose to defeat Overseer. Your predecessor Captain Cosmo, died in trying to defeat Overseer, and most likely you will too... but that isn't written in stone. Besides I don't think you need to worry about Anika..." Chaos grins as he looks up at Ryan, "She already replaced you with a far better model...." he can't help but laugh.

"But as I said before chances are high you could die... though the power within you would live on... since it is Eternal after all. So it wouldn't be a complete loss," he adds.

"Well, I don't think my purpose is to die in battle with some super powerful Eternal, and I would consider the loss of my life to be pretty damn bad," Ryan remarks, raising an eyebrow. "If Captain Cosmo was such a great hero, and I'm so weak, according to you anyway, my odds would be even less than his. There isn't really much incentive to do things your way, is there?"

"Wait, what do you mean about Anika?" Ryan asks, confusion evident in his voice.

Tokiwong said:
"Of course you are not an elite what a garish name. You are a vessel for a cosmic force; you have the power of an Eternal inside of you. But you can only tap the barest surface of its power, Ryan. Besides elites are nothing more then an attempt by Cardinal to create foot soldiers for her little crusade against Overseer which is destined for failure, without you. But I did enjoy the chain of events that followed... very entertaining... and your world has been less boring ever since," Chaos sighs.

"So Cardinal caused the whole comet thing, and created the Elites? That's just wierd. You got any proof of this claim, because it's a little far out there."

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Mark sighs. "Ok. I'm going to run and get dressed. I'll meet you guys downstairs."

Without waiting for an answer, Mark shoots off to where he changed and switches the swimsuit for the clothes he had on before and zips down to meet Nightchild and the others.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Nightchild cuts in, “He is at the Police Department not far from here, holding him there in custody until they can move him to a more secure location later this evening. I was going to head down there; but I figured you know him best you should come with me.”

Cantrip nods, “Alright well let go, Ryan does not fully understand some of the aspects of our world...”

Nightchild nods, “Yeah there was a time that superheroes were nearly outlawed… we don’t want that to happen again.”

Anika follows Nightchild wordlessly, an anxious look of concern creasing her brow.

Tokiwong

First Post
Samnell said:
Mark sighs. "Ok. I'm going to run and get dressed. I'll meet you guys downstairs."

Without waiting for an answer, Mark shoots off to where he changed and switches the swimsuit for the clothes he had on before and zips down to meet Nightchild and the others.

Nightchild leads the young teen heroes to the Police Department where Ryan is currently being held at, and it is abuzz with activity as they enter. The cops give the youths some strange looks, but go about their business as they recognize Nightchild and Cantrip. They approach a plain clothes officer who looks very much like Charles, Kelly’s ex-bodyguard from their own world.

Indeed the name on the desk reads, Detective Charles Smith. He looks up as Nightchild approaches, “Evening kid, what can I do for you?”

Nightchild speaks, “We came to talk about the hero you have locked up in your containment cell.”

Detective Smith replies, “Not much to talk to about, he turned himself in, says he is from another world… and bunch of other crazy stuff. But being a cape, I have come to expect that kind of crazy stuff,” he turns to Mark and Anika, “Who are you two?”

Ryan

“Well the incentive is that you may help save uncounted universes from misery and servitude to an evil almost as old as time itself, but then again, that may not mean much to you. I really don’t care what you believe really, I have prepared for the worse. But the stakes are always high when it comes to cosmic matters, Ryan. That is just the way it is,” Chaos remarks.

Chaos grins at Ryan’s question about Anika, “Oh… you really don’t want to know trust me. She is better off as far as I can tell, I mean the only well adjusted male youth on Legacy seems to be James… and that may be stretching it. But think of it this way, you learned early on that women are evil… every universe they are about the same. I love them, they make things deliciously interesting.”

“Proof? Kid, let me let you in on a secret, I don’t need proof, either you believe me or you don’t. One of us has limitless cosmic power at their fingertips, the other is just a vessel for cosmic power. One of us has seen the rise and fall of universes… the other can’t even keep a girlfriend for more then a week… and you want me to prove to you, that what I am saying is true? Now that is funny… besides, you have to ask yourself, can you even trust me? The embodiment of chaos and change throughout all the known universes…” Chaos smiles with a raise of his arched brow.

Back at the Park

The teens come into a large clearing packed with stalls, and open air stores and a full scale reggae festival in full swing. Yoshi speaks to Cassie, “Well I know, but is nice to think you put as much though into me as you do Ryan… you know. I mean, it is only normal right?”

Tokiwong said:
Back at the Park

The teens come into a large clearing packed with stalls, and open air stores and a full scale reggae festival in full swing. Yoshi speaks to Cassie, “Well I know, but is nice to think you put as much though into me as you do Ryan… you know. I mean, it is only normal right?”
Cassie sighs. :This must be what the girls meant by 'upkeep' of the boyfreind.: she thinks to herself as she reaches over, taking a fist full of Yoshi's shirt and pulling him into a kiss. After long seconds pass she lets him loose. "Because I have decided I like dating you and didn't think you needed my every single thought on you.." she says with a smile as she taps him on the nose. "Are all boys so... uptight and concerned about their girl's loyalties?"

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
“Well the incentive is that you may help save uncounted universes from misery and servitude to an evil almost as old as time itself, but then again, that may not mean much to you. I really don’t care what you believe really, I have prepared for the worse. But the stakes are always high when it comes to cosmic matters, Ryan. That is just the way it is,” Chaos remarks.

"It's not so much a matter of the stakes at it is the odds. But since when do you care about the slavery of trillions? And just what have you prepared? Because I know why YOU want him dead; he threatens your power. So don't act like some kind of saint; you wouldn't sacrifice YOUR life to do it."

Tokiwong said:
Chaos grins at Ryan’s question about Anika, “Oh… you really don’t want to know trust me. She is better off as far as I can tell, I mean the only well adjusted male youth on Legacy seems to be James… and that may be stretching it. But think of it this way, you learned early on that women are evil… every universe they are about the same. I love them, they make things deliciously interesting.”

Ryan laughs. "Yeah, your right. James is the most normal of us, but that doesn't say much. As far as learning anything, I'm not a very good student."

Tokiwong said:
“Proof? Kid, let me let you in on a secret, I don’t need proof, either you believe me or you don’t. One of us has limitless cosmic power at their fingertips, the other is just a vessel for cosmic power. One of us has seen the rise and fall of universes… the other can’t even keep a girlfriend for more then a week… and you want me to prove to you, that what I am saying is true? Now that is funny… besides, you have to ask yourself, can you even trust me? The embodiment of chaos and change throughout all the known universes…” Chaos smiles with a raise of his arched brow.

"I can trust you about as far as I can throw...nah, I could probably get a pretty good distance if I hurl you like a discus. I think I can trust you to look out for yourself. And if you're such a ladies man, how come everyone you've ever met pretty much hates your guts? Anika included. "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads