• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Get Rid of Splatbooks Altogether

What happens every 2 months of real time (a single stat bump that may or may not affect the character sheet) is pretty minor.

Um no just too much at cc
Example: my wiz 17 has how many skill pts? Well I put a 17 in int then uped it at level 4,8,12, and 16... I also bought a +2 book of int...
So my int is 23, and I took lore master and archmage levels... So how do we quickly account for this?
Oh right you go lev by lev
At 1st level 20 skill points then levels 2-7 I get 5 per then my prc class and oh wait how do I decide when I got the book?

Janaxstrus

First Post
Um no just too much at cc
Example: my wiz 17 has how many skill pts? Well I put a 17 in int then uped it at level 4,8,12, and 16... I also bought a +2 book of int...
So my int is 23, and I took lore master and archmage levels... So how do we quickly account for this?
Oh right you go lev by lev
At 1st level 20 skill points then levels 2-7 I get 5 per then my prc class and oh wait how do I decide when I got the book?

Personally, I jot down on the character sheet.
For example, my level 9 Rogue/Fighter
1) Rogue 52
2) Fighter 7
3) Rogue 13
4) Fighter 7
5) Rogue 13
etc etc

If my int goes up, I'll note Rogue 14 or Fighter 8 from the point on.

Personally, I jot down on the character sheet.
For example, my level 9 Rogue/Fighter
1) Rogue 52
2) Fighter 7
3) Rogue 13
4) Fighter 7
5) Rogue 13
etc etc

If my int goes up, I'll note Rogue 14 or Fighter 8 from the point on.

We are talking about makeing an x level character not leveling over to
E...

Let's say that fighter rouge above is a new. Haracter and you want 3 feats that have stat prerequisite you are using gloves of dex and. Belt of con to get them... At what level can you take the feat ?

Janaxstrus

First Post
We are talking about makeing an x level character not leveling over to
E...

Let's say that fighter rouge above is a new. Haracter and you want 3 feats that have stat prerequisite you are using gloves of dex and. Belt of con to get them... At what level can you take the feat ?

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18. Those are the levels I get feats, so it is one of those. I shouldn't have either of those items (con goes in an amulet usually, for a belt it's pretty expensive) before level 3, so sometime between 4 and 18.

However, I actually do create my character and use the feats at the right time. So if I were to make a 9th level character, I would get those feats at 4, 6 or 9, otherwise it's cheating. Gloves of Dex at level 4, using the fighter bonus feat to take Feat X, and Amulet of Health at level 5 or 6 to take the Con Feat Y. After that, it's immaterial how / when you got them. If you meet the prereqs, you can use the feat, if you've lost your item, you still have the feat but cant use it (in any of our campaigns)

1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18. Those are the levels I get feats, so it is one of those. I shouldn't have either of those items (con goes in an amulet usually, for a belt it's pretty expensive) before level 3, so sometime between 4 and 18.

However, I actually do create my character and use the feats at the right time. So if I were to make a 9th level character, I would get those feats at 4, 6 or 9, otherwise it's cheating. Gloves of Dex at level 4, using the fighter bonus feat to take Feat X, and Amulet of Health at level 5 or 6 to take the Con Feat Y. After that, it's immaterial how / when you got them. If you meet the prereqs, you can use the feat, if you've lost your item, you still have the feat but cant use it (in any of our campaigns)

First opps on the belt/neck thing... Been 2 1/2 years since I played 3.5 and I miss spoke

2nd that was the point... I could in 3.5 (at high level) make a character with magic and level mods to all 6 stats and have to back pedel when I got them to figure skill and feats...

Imagin I had a belt of magnificent +2, a book of +2 wis and a book of +3 int that I bought at character creation for my wiz 3 clr 3 mystic theurge 6 lore master 4 archmage 3 ??

Is it undoable no, I know because I ran a 3.5 game that started a 16th and went into the 30's and we got new players post epic (and one kick but master of 9 at level 25 or 26)
What I am saying is it is harder then it need be

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads